Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does contents of a div load when hidden ?

Options
  • 10-04-2008 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Maybe this is a stupid question...

Say i have 1 div with 20 images in it but it set the style properties of it to be hidden and display:none.

Do the images in the div only load when i make the div visible or do they load at runtime like everything else ?

Thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

Hello,

Even though you can't see the div, it will still be loaded by the browser along with the div content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

grahamor wrote: »
    Hi,

Maybe this is a stupid question...

Say i have 1 div with 20 images in it but it set the style properties of it to be hidden and display:none.

Do the images in the div only load when i make the div visible or do they load at runtime like everything else ?

Thanks alot

As was said they'll all load ... what you might want to do is play with ajax for loading your images.

Advertisement