Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incidents with Bendy Buses

Options
  • 10-04-2008 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭

Have any of you had any collisions/near misses with the double length single decker buses (bendy buses)?

I commute daily on my bike from Deansgrange to the city centre. This is the same route taken by the number 4/4A bus and on four or five occasions in the last few months I have been forced off my bike by one of these bendy buses. Each of the incidents has occurred when a bus has overtaken me and then pulled back in before fully passing me. I have managed to catch up with the bus on two occasions and “spoken” to the driver, each time they have apologised and admitted that its hard to see the back of the bus…

I have emailed Dublin Bus about this, but am wondering if anyone else here has had similar issues, its pretty scary when travelling at about 20mph and suddenly a bus is forcing you off the side of the road!!!

Advertisement