Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C'land Court - Clampers FYI

Options
  • 10-04-2008 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

There were stickers (left at 2am :eek:) on a few cars for parking on a footpath opposite me this am! They were partially parked on it, no where else to park. Anyway rang mgt co to find out exactly what the situation is and for future reference you must leave 1 metre free on the pathway (which they had btw)! Funny enough a guy was parked on a double yellow across and he didnt get one :confused: Dont want to start a battle about this just thought id inform people :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 decokiernan

Have to say this is a good initiative. Far too many folks parked on paths in C'land.

I suppose its one of the compromises of getting a decent house but no parking for more than one car.

At least it might stop the people who insist on parking their 18 Wheelers around C'land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bloggj

1 meter = 3.2808399 feet

There was 5.5 feet between my car and the wall and i got a warning so they would want to get their measurements correct before plastering tickets on peoples cars. I totally agree with clamping where it is legitimate (ie double yellow lines or obstructing pathways) but in my case and my neighbours case we clearly were not an obstruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

bloggj wrote: »
    1 meter = 3.2808399 feet

There was 5.5 feet between my car and the wall and i got a warning so they would want to get their measurements correct before plastering tickets on peoples cars. I totally agree with clamping where it is legitimate (ie double yellow lines or obstructing pathways) but in my case and my neighbours case we clearly were not an obstruction.

They (mgt co) are going to contact the clampers and get back to me today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

About time some action is being taken - If you park, in a public area, on a footpath prepare to get fined. Footpaths are for walking on - not parking on. This issue about Charlesland being private land where the Gards have no jurisdiction is clouding the issue of where you can park. There is plenty of parking throughout Chareland ON the road - so what if you have to park somewhere else that is more than 10 yards from your home. I don't like having to push a buggie onto the road because some eegit blocked the footpath.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

:D
    Am absolutely delighted that some action has been taken against individuals who park on footpaths or green areas.
    I don't have a buggy to push but I would be serioulsy pissed off if I had.
    In fact hopefully they will make a move to do the same in the Park where some people park on bends creating serious blind spots and obstructions.
    I wouldn't mind but there are always empty spaces about - sorry if its not outside your front door................

• Advertisement

I totally agree with you about parking on pathways and on corners BUT there was plenty of room and i mean a triple buggie would have got past - we have a double size path opp our row.

Problem is if we cant park across from our houses (as we cant double park in our driveways) there will be at least 5 extra cars trying to park around the green area, which is usually full by the time i get home anyway.

Anyway she reckons it was a mistake as there was definitely more then a metre space free (maybe we should measure it out and mark it ourselves to keep everyone happy :) )and that since they have only just started there will be teething problems!

Anyway I was just letting/warning people know what the situation with the parking is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I take it that this is a private clamping company that the management company have given a contract to?

Does anyone know how the fee structure works? If they keep the cash for a clamped car, then they're not going to get the measuring tape out - they're going to slap a yellow boot on the car and ask questions later. Everyone I know that's lived in a private estate with clampers has cursed them, and I'm inclined to agree.

Yes it is. Thats a very good point about the fines!

My fear would be, if like this morning they clamp you during the night (02.08am) and you werent in the wrong, do you have to pay them before the come out and release it and how long does it take them to get to you so you can eventually get to work? €60 or whatever it maybe and an angry boss and you did nothing wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it should be simple enough - the rules of the road state that it is an offence to park on the footpath and that is what should apply here. The footpaths haven't been laid out so people can park on them - they're there for pedestrians.

Private Clamping Companies can apply any rules they like and yes you will have to pay the fine via phone before anyone will come out to unclamp you.

I don't have much sympathy for people who didn't assess their parking requirements before moving in.

No cars on the paths will make C'Land a nicer safer place for everyone, even they do have a little jog to their cars.

• Advertisement

Wow there people :) I agree with the footpath issue BUT

These cars were NOT parked illegally but got stickers on their cars warning them they would be clamped! Maybe Footpath was the wrong word to use to describe the area concerned

I only put this message on to give people the position with the clampers, thought i was doing folks a favour - lesson learnt :(

BTW When i purchased my house i was told it had space for 2 cars!

Personal opinion here (biting tongue doesnt work), but if you park anywhere except the road or a driveway, clamping should be applied.

If you purchased a house that supposedly had 2 car spaces wouldnt you normally try before you buy?

We have viewed plenty of houses in C'Land and realised immediately they didnt have room for 2.

Personal opinion here (biting tongue doesnt work), but if you park anywhere except the road or a driveway, clamping should be applied.

If you purchased a house that supposedly had 2 car spaces wouldnt you normally try before you buy?

We have viewed plenty of houses in C'Land and realised immediately they didnt have room for 2.

Yes you would but considering it was still a lovely big green field when i bought - that wasnt an option :) and before you ask yes the showhouse had plenty of space for 2 cars :-) Anyway that's not the issue here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Ice Man

Whoever engaged the clampers in Charlesland needs to have their heads examined! I agree people do have a tendency to park in the most ridiculous areas, but in my experience, clampers make up their own rules and in many cases (again in my past experience and in no way casting doubt on the integrity of the current company "employed") are complete cowboys and thugs. There has to be a better solution to the problem than getting these eegits in! Before the knives are drawn, I do not park on the footpaths or on bends and I too get angry at having to spueeze by large vans on the corner as I try to get home!

Charlesland will become a little less comfortable a place to live in with the inclusion of these muppets!

eoin_s wrote: »
    I take it that this is a private clamping company that the management company have given a contract to?

Does anyone know how the fee structure works? If they keep the cash for a clamped car, then they're not going to get the measuring tape out - they're going to slap a yellow boot on the car and ask questions later. Everyone I know that's lived in a private estate with clampers has cursed them, and I'm inclined to agree.

Eoin, In answer to your question, the clamping company keep the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

LMC wrote: »
    Eoin, In answer to your question, the clamping company keep the cash.
    I thought that may be the case. Well I hope that it works out better than any other private estate I've seen with bottom-feeders clampers...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Ice Man wrote: »
    There has to be a better solution to the problem than getting these eegits in

I have some neighbours who like to park their 4X4's legnthways along the footpath, my 3 yr old son was almost killed last year when he ran out onto the road after a ball, the driver did not see him coming as the jeep was obscuring his view and the guy was in shock at what nearly happened. The neighbours were sent 3 letters by the management co. and wilfully ignored every one and continued to park there. My point is unfortunately some people dont give a damn about other people around them (as anyone walking through CL Court of an evening will see) so sometimes drastic measures are called for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Sky Captain

Have spoken with the managing agents - one metre is not quite correct. There must be a minimum metre and a half left for people to pass by on footpaths. This was agreed at the AGM by vote.

While the clampers are renowned gits, there wouldn't be a need for them if people were considerate.

Yes, yes I know.... it will only happen on Fantasy Island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bluie

Hi
    I have just learned about clamping the hard way, ie. € 125.00. 2 things we should know. they don't make a difference between cars parked totally on the pavement and those which leave a clearance space. They don't even know what the official clearance space is! 2nd he told me that this is not a randomly checked area as it is to remote, your neighbours have to phone in complaints. I think it's all quite vendictive- not a nice place to live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

bluie wrote: »
    Hi
    I have just learned about clamping the hard way, ie. € 125.00. 2 things we should know. they don't make a difference between cars parked totally on the pavement and those which leave a clearance space. They don't even know what the official clearance space is! 2nd he told me that this is not a randomly checked area as it is to remote, your neighbours have to phone in complaints. I think it's all quite vendictive- not a nice place to live.
    It is a nice place to live. Just not a nice place to park inconsiderately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭new arrival

Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 essentialjc

I brought up the subject before but since the white lines have been put in place, there seems to have been spaces lost - I am never able to get near my house since! I have resorted to parking on the road (not illegally I might add!!! ;o)) unsure if designated spaces is the way to go - we are a single car family so it would make sense for us...also, you just cant have cars parked ON the cycle path (bottom of spine road near roundabout) just to save people walking a further 20 metres! ive also notice people parking 2 cars (driveways only designed for 1 car) on driveways and thus causing obstructions to pedestrians - in my eyes clamping would be the only way to resolve this sometimes dangerous issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

+3

(I don't live in Wood though, but I wish we had the same in Park)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

+4
    No sympathy bluie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    +3

(I don't live in Wood though, but I wish we had the same in Park)
    It's not it the Wood, it's the Court.

Advertisement