Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermal Punches

Options
  • 10-04-2008 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭

I'm getting my inner conches punched at 6mm tomorrow, yay!

I was wondering if anyone had any advice/stories for me. I don't really know anyone whose had these done around here :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

I haven't had them done, but Steve in Snakebite says it's the easiest piercing he's ever had done. He says:
    - it removes the skin section, along with all the nerve endings, so it stops hurting instantly,
    - it has much easier jewellery follow-through, cos it's a circular hole rather than a little crescent shaped one, so the jewellery just slips right in, and
    - it heals in no time.

You probably knew most, if not all of that already, but that's the extent of my knowledge on the dermal punch :)

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Yay, sounds great. I'm getting it done in Snakebite too :) hopefully by Steve

I know it's silly but I'm really scared! I like knowing what to expect and I don't really know what to expect from a dermal punch as I've never had one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

pain and lots of it :p

Thanks Wilburt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Your coming all the way from cork to get pierced?
    Thats determination for you! haha

I hope it goes well! =]

• Advertisement

Find me a studio as good as Snakebite in Cork that does punches and I'll stay here :p

I'm going up to see a friend but I try to fit in a visit to Snakebite whenever I'm up- I've never been to a better studio! :)

I was on my way there on saturday to get my monroe done and i was like 5 mins to late, i only found out after calling the number on the door and it said it was closed, i thought some one just didnt want to let me in! >.< haha
    so yeah iv never seen it too! hope to see it this week end though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ill be coming from nz to get pierced in future, i think. just cant find someone i trust down here.

Eek! Wait, why were they closed on a Saturday? :/

Edit: You did press the buzzer to be let in, right?

i thought they were only closed sunday and monday?

• Advertisement

No they are open on saturday, i just got into town really late!
    I think its either 5 or six they close at.

And i found a nice place in rotorua, (excuse my spelling)
    Skingraft i think it was called!
    They did my first stretch and Pierced my other ear.
    They seemed really nice in there.

Gauge wrote: »
    Edit: You did press the buzzer to be let in, right?

I'm not that bad... hahaha:p

Neither am I.... *ahem* not like I was stuck outside for five minutes last time I was there...

rotorua's going to be a fair distance from here. no time to build up any trust...

trust seems to be the current topic today Ni :p
    just have a look at portfolios and the place, staff etc

like i say, i was spoilt with steve and mark. both piercers, i trusted immensely as piercers and were both really cool people who you could talk to, both about piercings, and would just generally chat with you. aftercare, steve, i popped into every couple of weeks to check up on the piercing, mark, gave me a card wtih a number to call any time if needed... if i went in looking for jewellery, they would usually put it in for me, and make sure twas alright, over here, i went in looking for a ball for my ball closure, and he gave me two the wrong size and left me to do them myself (or charge me for putting them in), and showed absolutely no interest at all in me other than getting to my money...

both just awesome dudes and awesome piercers. i can't imagine anyone here quite living up to those standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gauge wrote: »
    I've never been to a better studio! :)

TBH, Steve's deadly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fluffybunnyhead

hi... long time voyeur on this forum, but have to agree that steve's the best! he's done all my piercings(8 and counting...) and he always makes you feel really comfortable and gives all the information you could need. i'm thinking about stretching my lobes for the first time, and snakebite's the place i'll be going! yay. :)

must check out the guys in snakebite, never been there ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

http://modblog.bmezine.com/2008/02/19/is-it-in/

Thats a video of somebody gettin their conch punched. Seems to me like a sore one. Post pics when it's done.

• Advertisement

Aaaaw not that video again! :(

Though some people are like that... my sister screams the place down every piercing she gets.

Hopefully it will be hassle and as pain free as possible :)

Ye Gods their website is confusing. Says on their website they're open til 8 on Friday, yet Rob said in an email it's 7, and their website also says they are open on Mondays but I was sure they close on Mondays. :(

i think they havent updated the website, so. i do recall steve commenting that he needed to update the one on the door, so odds are they defo havent thought of the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd go with what Rob tells ya tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

- it removes the skin section, along with all the nerve endings, so it stops hurting instantly,

Don't know where that one came from but it doesn't stop hurting straight away at all. The rest I'd agree with.

Yaay! Only ended up getting one done on Steve's recommendation (for healing and comfort, etc) but I'm so happy with it. Didn't hurt much more than a needle and the pain afterwards was non existent compared to the other cartilage piercings I've had. The only weird part was all the blood, and getting it cleaned off felt a bit sore. I can't wait to get my other one done.

And I get to keep a chunk of cartilage with the hole from my old conch piercing! :D

I think you should cast it in resin :D

nice one! =]]]
    happy healing :D

picture of it maybe?

• Advertisement

awesome, gauge! glad to hear it went well, and defo post the pics when you get em :D

happy healing, and many more.

Advertisement