Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water for a cuppa ?

• 10-04-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

So my first (very basic) question about our motorhome :

Can we use the water from the water tank for making tea ?
    I know it will depend on the condition of the tank and pipes, but generally, if they are clean...
    Or should we have a good supply of bottled drinking water and use that in the kettle also ?

Actually - if you had to - could you drink the water from the taps ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Once you boil the water it should be fine for tea. We have a filter in our water system so we have no probs drinking the water direct from the tap. In our previous motorhome we just carried a few bottles of water for drinking and used the water from the tank for boiling the kettle water for tea etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Cool - thanks guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Would never use water from the tank for anything other than washing.
    We always bring bottle water for tea.:)

Bido:)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭BrenCooney

If you put miltons at a rate of a third to a half cap full per 100 litres into your water tank you should be safe. I stayed in my camper for three months till the end of December 2007 in wexford while waiting for a house sale to go through and i never had any problems:D. Just remember that the chlorine will eventually reduce to zero within 3 to 4 days and leave the water unprotected. that was not a problem with me as i had to fill the tank every four days anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

The answer to this question depands on how safe the water is where you fill up. I clean my system with milton and leave home with a full tank (we have our own well). This is used for drinking, tea making, teeth brushing until we run out. dishwashing is done in campers kitchen where possible. If we have to refill at a camp site we generally buy bottled water for drinking/teeth brushing, though there are a few places around the country we know we can get a safe refill. If we have refilled with unknown water, we reclean tanks before the next trip.

Advertisement