Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Keady - Killed on a motorbike

Options
  • 10-04-2008 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi, When you are coming in the Headford road side into the city (I think is it Ballycastle the estate is called) there is a plaque for a Gary Keady that has a picture of a motorbike on it and RIP.
    He must have got killed in a motorbike accident there.

This plaque has always sparked my imagination for some reason as I am into bikes and stuff myself.

So there a few days ago I was reading the advertiser which I never ever do and came to the memorials which I would never dream of looking through but for some reason I started looking through them and who did I come across only Gary Keady with a photo.

It turns out he died seven years ago. Does anybody know anything else about him? Where he was from? What kind of bike he had?

Cheers....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mordha

Hi, I knew Gary a little bit, he was a lovely bloke and had just become a dad when he was killed. He lived in Castle Park/Ballybane area and was a galwegian. It was a very tragic accident and his family are still grief stricken. If you access some of the archives for the local newspapers Im sure you will find the details there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

I went to Mervue school with him and my younger Brother was a very good friend of his. I think it was actually my Brother's bike that he crashed on. He had borrowed it for some reason. I remember that it was a big, powerful one anyway. He had a passenger with him at the time of the accident. A girl. May have been his girlfriend. She was very seriously injured and ended up in a wheelchair. She's out of it now but only recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Seriously decent guy, only flaw was being a typical young fella on a bike. Had such a good heart, remember that day so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Unforunately I cannot access any archives online for the advertiser or independent. Can anyone tell me what happened?

What age was he aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

As far as I know there was a van pulling out of an estate onto the main road and Gary Keady crashed into the side of it. He was only about 21-22 at the time I think. Terrible incident. If you want to look any further into it WorkAccount give me a pm. I don't really like having a public discussion about it. Feels a bit weird to me but I think I understand your interest in the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mejink

I am just wondering whats your interest in this story

Advertisement