Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports category reorganisation

Options

Comments

No one has mentioned it, but just in case:

Equestrian and Horse Racing should not be put together.

These are very much two different sports in terms of competitors, disiciplines and spectators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

These are very much two different sports in terms of competitors, disiciplines and spectators.
    But they both come under "Horse Sports", no?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DesF wrote: »
    But they both come under "Horse Sports", no?

Or 'Ridin'..... S&S sub forum maybe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Has Mr Hands taught us nothing.

I call dominant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Airsoft & Paintball
    Airsoft
    Airsoft Reviews
    Airsoft Troubleshooting
    Airsoft Adverts
    Paintball...

Shooting
    Hunting
    Target Shooting
    Shooting For Sale/Wanted...

Couldn't Shooting be lumped in with Airsoft & Paintball? Or does the type of ammunition the gun fires matter? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Couldn't Shooting be lumped in with Airsoft & Paintball? Or does the type of ammunition the gun fires matter? ;)

Ha ha, I think we both know the answer to that one :D
    /grabs popcorn, awaits shooting and airsoft types :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

Oops, so it did, apologies to the equestrian-types, that wasn't intentional!

:eek:

+1

The horseracing forum is very gambling orientated (as is greyhound racing albeit with little traffic), and I wonder should they all be stuck in together with gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Can Outdoor Pursuits not be lumped in with Track and Field related sports? There is no connection between the two and its common enough for people to us the OP forum as a first port of call when venturing into a new outdoors activity. Not only that be a new club dedicated to outdoor skills has started though the forum.

People would never look under track and field. Outdoor Pursuits should be its own category on the Sports menu.

Evil Phil wrote: »
    Can Outdoor Pursuits not be lumped in with Track and Field related sports? There is no connection between the two and its common enough for people to us the OP forum as a first port of call when venturing into a new outdoors activity. Not only that be a new club dedicated to outdoor skills has started though the forum.

People would never look under track and field. Outdoor Pursuits should be its own category on the Sports menu.
    Good point. My idea was that the forum category would be called "Track & Field and Outdoor Pursuits" so that people could see that Outdoor Pursuits was covered. However, I take the point.

I'd have no problem with it remaining as it's own sub-cat. There is certainly room for it to grow into a few separate forums if it gets enough users. Mountaineering, hill-walking, orienteering, white-water rafting etc.

• Advertisement

Equestrian might go well beside outdoor pursuits.

fits wrote: »
    Equestrian might go well beside outdoor pursuits.

I was going to suggest that but generally "outdoor pursuits" refers to rugged people with gore-tex jackets, big boots and wooly hats :D I also wondered about it because I think that there are some indoor showjumping events. I could be completely wrong about that, I wouldn't have a clue tbh.

I was going to suggest that but generally "outdoor pursuits" refers to rugged people with gore-tex jackets, big boots and wooly hats :D I also wondered about it because I think that there are some indoor showjumping events. I could be completely wrong about that, I wouldn't have a clue tbh.

Thats why I said 'beside' :D

Suits me too, because they're virtually the only two things in the sports category that I am interested in (i.e. hiking and equestrian).

Yes I think the sports category should be reorganised to suit me hawr hawr.

I just cant see where else equestrian would fit really. Miskellaineeeus

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

How about putting field sports in their own category. Or maybe create an "activities" subcategory for stuff like surfing/angling/cycling/sailing/shooting etc.

Also there's no way self defence should be in the sports category. Though a seperate self defence forum probably wouldnt get much traffic.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I think you should just delete the whole sports forum. All they seem to do is fight in there, it would be a much more peaceful boards, if they were all made to go away.

how many times have you strolled into feedback and some is bitching or shooting or horses or soccer

get rid of the lot, I say

irishbird wrote: »
    I think you should just delete the whole sports forum. All they seem to do is fight in there, it would be a much more peaceful boards, if they were all made to go away.

how many times have you strolled into feedback and some is bitching or shooting or horses or soccer

Excuse me, the Aussie Rules forum doesn't get enough traffic to have fights so we stay.

And sure if that's the way things are going to be run you might as well get rid of AH while you're at it.

Excuse me, the Aussie Rules forum doesn't get enough traffic to have fights so we stay.

And sure if that's the way things are going to be run you might as well get rid of AH while you're at it.

I'm sure it was a joke...I once mistook something IB said jokingly, as a serious comment...caused me no end of trouble :D

However, just in case...Bowling stays too, cos we're lovely and never fight :D Bowling is also the perfect BGRH sport, much like darts :D

Worst. Suggestion. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

+1:)

I think you might be on to something here!

But Cult wasnt asking about AH was he? Try and keep up with the thread, there's a love
    I'm sure it was a joke...I once mistook something IB said jokingly, as a serious comment...caused me no end of trouble :D

However, just in case...Bowling stays too, cos we're lovely and never fight :D Bowling is also the perfect BGRH sport, much like darts :D

That's because bowling isnt a real sport

Worst. Suggestion. Ever.

quiet you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Worst. Suggestion. Ever.

+ 1000

That IB one always sticking her nose in. Hmmmph :mad:

Mind you she might be right about getting rid of the Aussie Rules forum :cool:

Quiet you.

Bambi wrote: »
    How about putting field sports in their own category. Or maybe create an "activities" subcategory for stuff like surfing/angling/cycling/sailing/shooting etc.

Also there's no way self defence should be in the sports category. Though a seperate self defence forum probably wouldnt get much traffic.

Shooting and Sailing are Olympic sports - not activities

Personally, why not weed out the non-sports 'sports' and shove the rest into rec?

Its WhiteWashman's problem then....

DesF, this is the reason you should be telling him to be quiet - standing up for your, girlfriend. See another reason to get rid of the forum, it distracts DesF from the important things in life - like me and my needs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Quiet yourself. Aussie Rules isn't a real sport*

*Fuse lit, steps back slowly

+ 1000

see point proved - they do is fight. get rid of the all, you could probably site ban all the users as well, while you are at it

DesF, this is the reason you should be telling him to be quiet - standing up for your, girlfriend.
    pfft.

My gf can stand up for herself.
    See another reason to get rid of the forum, it distracts DesF from the important things in life - like me and my needs
    Yeah, you'd need to ask my boss to give me a week off if I'm going to look after your "needs" tbh.

KABOOM

But Cult wasnt asking about AH was he? Try and keep up with the thread, there's a love

Way to be patronising :rolleyes:

Just had a look through the first 5 pages of Feedback and there are 3 sports related threads. Shooting and airsoft count for two and the other is a soccer one relating simply to access. So yeah your argument holds f*ck all weight.

Run.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I think using the catch all 'watersports' to be a bad idea cos really it means a lot something very different in internet search terms.

• Advertisement

Way to be patronising :rolleyes:

Just had a look through the first 5 pages of Feedback and there are 3 sports related threads. Shooting and airsoft count for two and the other is a soccer one relating simply to access. So yeah your argument holds f*ck all weight.

Run.......

oh has the lickle ickle ozzie rules mod, got upset that someone might take his mod'ship away

ah, there there

Advertisement