Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shelf Pins & Drawer Runners

Options
  • 10-04-2008 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I could get brass Shelf Pins and drawer runners in Dublin or on the net? I have tried a few places but without joy.

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

I have been told about a place called Wurths that is behind the Red Cow Hotel in Dublin which is supposed to be a woodworkers heaven. Am in Dublin again next week and am planning paying a visit.

Anyone know about it? Is it Heaven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 turnertina

Hi D,
    Haven't heard of Wurths.
    But have you tried any local joinery shops or kitchen companies? I have gone to ones locally in the past and find that they have almost anything I need and are willing to part with a few bits and pieces. Also every time I do go a hunting the lads feel obliged to give me hints and tips when I tell them what I am working on. So not only do I get what I need (usually at a very low price), but I get free advice thrown in!
    Worth a try.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

You can look at www.hafele.ie they're in Wicklow and should have nearly everything that's available.

You won't be able to see prices but you can 'Enter as a guest' to view the catalogue.

Cheers
    Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Thanks J and thanks Joe. Good to hear from you both again.

I finished my bookcase this weekend and want to get ready for my next project. The pins & runners are for a unit that will sit beside my homeoffice. The laser printer will be resessed into the unit (not sitting on top) and my scanner will be contained in a pull-out drawer, so it's hidden away when not in use. There will also be deep drawers for the occasional stuff like cables etc.

It's still in the planning department but I want to start it before the Summer.

Take care.

D

Advertisement