Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Direcet Insurance

Options
  • 10-04-2008 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Currently looking at house insurance and Quinn Direct beats all other quotes.

I get worried when there is a hugh difference but I've looked at all the excess and the detail and it looks legit. Have any of you had experience with Quinn Direct? What's their customer service like and their claims processing time?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Personally I wouldn't touch Quinn. That's just my opinion. I'll ask for this to be moved to consumer issues. Welcome to boards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from Newbies & FAQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

if you do take out a Quinn policy make sure you read the policy terms and conditions before taking the quote. Some of their policy T&Cs can be quite restrictive. Also I have heard of several instances where they have tried to fob policy holders off when claiming, chancing their arm quoting non existent exclusions to try get the policy holder not to claim.

If the quote is massively cheaper then buy (if you are happy with the policy conditions), but be aware of what I said above. If another company such as Axa, Eagle Star, Hibernian or Allianz gave me cover a bit more expensive I'd be inclined not to touch Quinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Hi Goyie

Try 123.ie I have allways found them the cheapest, and their customer service is good, never had to make a claim :) but the quote was from eagle star

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

i personally wouldnt touch quinn for any insurance. its worth paying the extra not to have to deal with them.

123.ie would usually be the cheapest broker for household insurance but another broker worth trying is JLT Ltd (www.jlt.ie). they mainly broker for AIG Insurance. they are as cheap as 123.ie or if they arent as cheap they will match what ever the cheapest quote you have got. and the AIG policy is pretty good. i havent dealt with them on the household side of things for about a year but they should still do the price matching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Goyie

Thank you so much for the feedback, greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

If it was me I would not use Quinn for anything else other than 3rd party car insurance.
    Bank of Ireland had 50% off Home Insurance up until the end of March. I see they now have a price match promise. Ask BOI to match your Quinn quote and you will get much better cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

ROVER wrote: »
    If it was me I would not use Quinn for anything else other than 3rd party car insurance.
    Bank of Ireland had 50% off Home Insurance up until the end of March. I see they now have a price match promise. Ask BOI to match your Quinn quote and you will get much better cover.

wow, not a bad offer! Details here

Also underwritten by RSA, who I'd rather deal with than Quinn. the policy seems pretty decent too, accidental damage cover as standard for one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Goyie

Eventually decided on AIB for the insurance. Managed to read through all the detail and they were teh best for my situation.

Thanks for your inputs.;)

Advertisement