Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish Album?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sweet wrote: »
    Yeah there's far too much U2 knockin' goin' on. Like honestly, they're one of few Irish bands who actually put Ireland on the map.

Well then you definitely have to like them :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Yeah there's far too much U2 knockin' goin' on. Like honestly, they're one of few Irish bands who actually put Ireland on the map.
    Fcuk putting ireland on the map. Columbus put america on the map and nobody's whistling any of his shantys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Luke Kelly - The Collection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well then you definitely have to like them :rolleyes:

I don't recall saying whether you have to like them or not.

The least ya can do is tolerate that their music has made countless people acroos the globe happy and that's what music should be all about. Why did you have to call that other poster's opinion bollocks?! What I mean to say is, if you dislike an artist, you could at least respect other peoples opinions on the matter.

'Fcuk putting ireland on the map. Columbus put america on the map and nobody's whistling any of his shantys.'

Well maybe that's because Columbus was an explorer, not a musician. And as for singing Columbus's praises, knowledge of his deeds are mandatory on the Junior Certificate course, if that's not appraisal I don't know what is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Why did you have to call that other poster's opinion bollocks?! What I mean to say is, if you dislike an artist, you could at least respect other peoples opinions on the matter.
    I presume he meant that in his opinion, the notion that U2 are the greatest band to come out of Ireland is bollocks.

And in fairness, the poster who he quoted implied that anyone who didn't think U2 were the greatest band to come out of Ireland was an Indie/Metal snob....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ohmigod, two posters mentioned U2!! The horror! I guess the usual indie/metal snobs will be in shortly to tell you that, in fact, you're wrong!!

Imagine that! An IRISH person, on an IRISH forum, actually confessing to a liking for the greatest band that ever came out of Ireland!!

**** me!!
    only because you fecking mentioned it.

there were 8 posts from the first U2 nomination and your post and not a single word was said about their nominations. then you waltzed in.v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Ash- 1977
    JJ72- JJ72

Both classic debuts, and soundtracks to my teenage years

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus lads back on topic :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Cremo wrote: »
    only because you fecking mentioned it.

there were 8 posts from the first U2 nomination and your post and not a single word was said about their nominations. then you waltzed in.v

Cheers for posting that, as my repsonse wouldn't have been as nice.

U2 are i think the second biggest selling irish artist, nowhere near the best band though imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

off hand it has to be 'live and dangerous'. eeexxxcellent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

U2- 'Achtung Baby/joshua Tree/Unforgettable fire'
    Rory Gallagher-'Irish Tour/Deuce/Live in Europe'
    My bloody Valentine 'Loveless/Isn't anything'
    Ash- '1977'
    Whipping Boy - 'Heartworm'
    sinead O'Connor- 'The lion and the cobra'
    Enya-'Watermark'
    Cranberries-'Everybody else is doing it so why can't we' ('Dreams', 'Linger' and 'Sunday' are classics)

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

It is of course Ghostown by The Radiators

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It is of course Ghostown by The Radiators
    The only other irish album that plays true from start to finish. A great album by an irish band.

Advertisement