Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Battery Acid over Car

Options
  • 10-04-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Hi

Some scrote poured battery acid over the friends car, does anyone know the long term damage caused to the metal and will a re-spray be enough to fix it OR could the metal continue to corrode?

Thanks

BG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

The paint need to be taken down to the metal - and a professional resprayer will only only give the best advice on inspection and experience.

The "Scrote" must have a serious beef with your mate........its not like you keep a pint or 2 of battery acid handly like a pint of milk in the fridge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

This happened to me, didn't know i had a beef with anybody at the time wasn't my usual place to be is about the extent of it, was work related do!

Repainted the bonnet everything seems fine, the battery acid seemed to take it down to the bar metal.
    It was in an area of dublin not known for being friendly!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

cool thanks, its in being re-sprayed at the minute....

Advertisement