Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any suggestions?

• 10-04-2008 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Right, well this may sound like a stupid question but I am stuck for ideas here. My friend (Monkey Guy) says he has got a field for us (the Wolves to train in) the field he says he's gotten is fairly flat and devoid of cover so I need some suggestions for things we could put in the field to use as cover. I'd like it to be fairly dynamic so does anyone have any suggestions or easy-make recipes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Keggers wrote: »
    Right, well this may sound like a stupid question but I am stuck for ideas here. My friend (Monkey Guy) says he has got a field for us (the Wolves to train in) the field he says he's gotten is fairly flat and devoid of cover so I need some suggestions for things we could put in the field to use as cover. I'd like it to be fairly dynamic so does anyone have any suggestions or easy-make recipes?

Obviously you all have permission to use it first yes?

No cover is cheap, free stuff in the buyandsell is your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

pallets are easily available and could be setup for cover id assume,

I remember one day when i was a nipper, we got the day of school cause of snow

on our field in our estate, we setup a massive kinda battlefield from pallets and old barrels... then we pklayed a snow war all day was excellent

id say pallets are easy enough, drum barrells should be easy enough to get a hold of and setup too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

free stuff available here:

http://www.buyandsell.ie/browse.php?m=100&s=100

So long as you can collect. Worth checking daily. There was 500 free pallets there a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Do you have any means of transporing materials?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

Grab an old shipping container, like a rusty one, and set it up.

Grab 2 or three, do a bit of a welding job and you have yerself a bunker

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Exneigh

nout a couple sheets of low density fiber and a few nails wont fix :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

Could weld them into a H shape, with windows

(Thus the reason for the welding:pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

I'm 13 and have never held a welder before in my life. I'm talking about nothing a hammer and some nails won't fit. Does anyone know a good place to get pallets/wooden boards in the Laois?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Exneigh

I'm 13 and have never held a welder before in my life. I'm talking about nothing a hammer and some nails won't fit. Does anyone know a good place to get pallets/wooden boards in the Laois?

Any factorys or warehouses around, you could ask them about a few pallets. might be surprised if you ask them nice :)

Kindness?IN PORTARLINGTON?! Obviously you have never been there (only joking:D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭little buda

cheap garden sheds. you can buy old display models from b+q or gardentown.

p.s check out your local junk yard. they might have some freebie stuff you can take!!

They do? How much for a b+q shed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭little buda

mabey 1/2 the asking price, depends on what sheds are left. u need 2 talk to the sourcing dept or manager, (find out when the sales are about to end)
    go in before hand and have a chat.:Dbe nice, tell them what you trying to do!!
    when sales are over they wont be selling the same models, so your getting a end of line product thats already been used. hope this helps

Advertisement