Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bora petrol engine

Options
  • 10-04-2008 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi All

A mate of mine had some trouble with his bora and now turns out that he needs to replace the engine but he has tried the majority of the parts dealers in the southeast but cannot find a secondhand one.

Anybody know where he could pick-up a decent second hand 1.4 16v twin-cam bora petrol engine? at a reasonable price obviously! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Check the engine numbers but I'm almost sure the same 1.4 litre engine is used in the Golf, Seat Leon and Skoda Octavia. This should give your friend more options. Just make sure the engine P/N is the same before buying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Try Traynors near Armagh, most Bora's up north are diesel but you might be lucky, also Sterling is basically free at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try Traynors but the Bora was never sold with a 1.4 litre engine in NI or UK afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AFAIK, the most common engine in 1.4 Golf/Bora was the AHW engine. TBH, you really need to get the correct engine or there is a possibility that some ancillary components may not fit and/or the map in the ECU may not be suitable. Try some of the VW forums for other engine codes that may suit as replacements.

If your mate checks the inside cover of the Service Schedule book, he will see all the vehicle information printed on a sticker. An exact copy of this sticker is also located in the boot in the spare wheel well.

What is wrong with the engine that results in a complete replacement being needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

crosstownk wrote: »
    TBH, you really need to get the correct engine or there is a possibility that some ancillary components may not fit and/or the map in the ECU may not be suitable.

+1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Guys

Will pass on the tips for traynors to my mate. In regards what happened well lets just say he will be dipping it for oil more often in the future :eek:

He has already had a look at some bora petrol engines and they wouldn't suit so i suspect that he won't have much luck with getting a replacement. Not sure how much damage was done but I think he was going to also look into getting the engine re-conditioned by a local company.

Once again thx all.

Advertisement