Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting out house

Options
  • 10-04-2008 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

I bought my house last yr and didnt pay stamp duty and it was 100% mortgage. how long is it before you can rent it out? i know there is some clause that you have to wait so many yrs before you can rent it out.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starky

andreac wrote: »
    I bought my house last yr and didnt pay stamp duty and it was 100% mortgage. how long is it before you can rent it out? i know there is some clause that you have to wait so many yrs before you can rent it out.
    thanks

I think you have to wait two years to avoid paying it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 YES Finance

The exemption from stamp duty for first-time house buyers and buyers of certain new homes is currently clawed back if the purchaser rents out the home within 5 years of date of purchase. This clawback period is being reduced to 2 years for all deeds of transfer executed on or after 5 January 2007.

For deeds of transfer executed before 5 December 2007, if that house or apartment is rented out on or after 5 December 2007, it will not involve a claw-back of relief where this happens in the third, fourth or fifth year of ownership.

Advertisement