Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGM M14 Hop-Up

Options
  • 10-04-2008 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I bought one of these last week, but only fired it at > 10M distance today. I notice that the hop-up wheel has no affect on the BBs whatsoever.
    I've tried it all the way on and all the way off and the BBs fly exactly the same. The hop-up wheel is quite loose in the middle stages of adjustment.
    The max range I get is 25M which sucks as this is easily outranged by my Sig 226 GBB! Has anyone any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I bought one of these last week, but only fired it at > 10M distance today. I notice that the hop-up wheel has no affect on the BBs whatsoever.
    I've tried it all the way on and all the way off and the BBs fly exactly the same. The hop-up wheel is quite loose in the middle stages of adjustment.
    The max range I get is 25M which sucks as this is easily outranged by my Sig 226 GBB! Has anyone any ideas on how to fix this?

If you are lucky, the hop nub (little rubber piece that presses down on the main hop rubber) has become displaced, disassembly and reassembly with it correctly placed should fix this.

Worst case, you had the hop on too high, used the aeg, and damaged the hop, you may need to replace or repair in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

sounds like the buckeling iss twisted or that the mechanisim has broke/jammed
    where did you buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

How do you takedown an M14?
    I bought it from Eirsoft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

How do you takedown an M14?
    I bought it from Eirsoft.

did you ask shiva he's not the most organised chap but he'll give you all the advice you need

I'll give him a try. If anyone can give me a link to a takedown guide, it would be very helpful, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I'll give him a try. If anyone can give me a link to a takedown guide, it would be very helpful, thanks.

i took down an m14 last week, its pretty complicated compared to other aegs

and to get to the hop chamber is a bit of work if you have never

disassembled an aeg before. id give you advice but i dont want to ruin your

gun man:o

:cool::cool::cool:

blay1 wrote: »
    i took down an m14 last week, its pretty complicated compared to other aegs

and to get to the hop chamber is a bit of work if you have never

disassembled an aeg before. id give you advice but i dont want to ruin your

gun man:o

:cool::cool::cool:

I've taken the barrel out of an M4 and UMP before, but I think I'll let Tony's tech guy fix the M14, as you say its a fair bit more complicated. Thanks for offering your help though:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

rbd wrote: »
    did you ask shiva he's not the most organised chap but he'll give you all the advice you need

I'd be insulted....but its true :)

Advertisement