Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A.S.G airsoft tactical supplies

• 10-04-2008 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

hi guys found a new walk in shop in western parkway business center called airsoft tactical supplies cool shop got myself kitted out with some tasty stuff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

where abouts is it? not familiar with the location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Can you supply any details for this shop?
    I tried directory enquiries and there is no record of it.
    Would love to contact the owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭domonick

just off the lower ballymount road ,opposite side of the road to musgraves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Wouldn't that put you about a 2 minute walk from MIA?

M.I.A are in blanchardstown man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Ah I'm thinking of Ballycoolin, Ballymount is where MIA used to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

domonick: Please clarify whether or not you have any affiliation to this retailer? If not, how did you find out about them?

i've been buying from m.i.a for awhile and a friend of mine introduced me to this new shop

domonick: Frankly, your dodging my questions here, do you have any affiliation to this store? Are you an employee? Do you know anyone who is an employee?

Since this store is not advertised anywhere or even listed in the phonebook, how did your friend hear about it?

Forgive me if I seem hostile, but as moderator, I need to know whether or not you have any ties to the retailer, given that you've never posted in this forum before, and then you suddenly arrive with information about a retailer no one has ever heard of, i'm skeptical that you are completely impartial here, however if you are a genuine impartial customer, then you have my apologies, however i'd still be curious how your friend knew of the store?

sorry i was just trying to be helpful , not sure how my friend found it i'll ask him , i use the car forums a bit on boards airsoft is my new hobby that's all

• Advertisement

That's fine, not trying to push you away from the Airsoft section, but there have been retailers in the past who came on posing as "customers", this practice is explicitly against the rules on boards.ie

Anyway, this place is just up the road from where I live, so I may drop by tomorrow if I get a chance and check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

priceless

if you are a retailer just get a retailler thread set up

rbd wrote: »
    priceless

if you are a retailer just get a retailler thread set up

look mate i was mearly just stating i went down to a shop the other day not far from me and its an airsoft shop .... thats it i dont work there i dont know them or whoever owns it i just found them helpful yesterday when i visited the store.. sorry for posting as others did about other shops they found helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

domonick wrote: »
    look mate i was mearly just stating i went down to a shop the other day not far from me and its an airsoft shop .... thats it i dont work there i dont know them or whoever owns it i just found them helpful yesterday when i visited the store.. sorry for posting as others did about other shops they found helpful

don't get techy with me i think its priceless how you've been treated
    assuming you are not involvedcwith the shop

or if you are then you could get you own thread

i personally saw nothing wrong with you posts and hope that this paranoin reaction wont drive you away but hey whadda i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

That will teach you to try and be helpful:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

kinkstr wrote: »
    That will teach you to try and be helpful:eek:

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

not sure how my friend found it i'll ask him
    Cool if he has the phone number or a name too that would be helpful.
    Thanks man.

EDIT -- i'm gonna drop out to the place tomorrow so its cool i wont need this.

Also.
    i use the car forums a bit on boards airsoft is my new hobby that's all
    Welcome!
    Have you been to your first skirmish yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭major sims

so this is the way that boards and some people involved in airsoft welcome new people to the sport . what is it ? shoot first and ask questions later or just plain old bad manners . this is not the first time i have seen this reaction and would seem to point toward a conflict of interest within irish airsoft and with some people involved in certain positions within the sport .....

good manners cost nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

major sims wrote: »
    so this is the way that boards and some people involved in airsoft welcome new people to the sport . what is it ? shoot first and ask questions later or just plain old bad manners . this is not the first time i have seen this reaction and would seem to point toward a conflict of interest within irish airsoft and with some people involved in certain positions within the sport .....

good manners cost nothing
    Ah i wouldn't go that far now, Boards.ie are very strict when it comes to shilling, hence the proactive move by KDouglas to get to the bottom of this matter, the same actions would have occurred had it been anyone else, new face or old.

Airsoft is a social sport, no one wants to scare off new players but at the same time we don't want to let the profiteers with an eye on a quick buck with zero interest in the sport use the forum as a cheap way of advertising via a fake profile.

Genuine site owners and retailers who are interested in the sport and want it to grow, such as yourself, are of course welcome but the same rules apply for all, inform mods that you would like to create an info thread for sales and services.

And to the OP i am NOT calling you a shill in any way shape or form, but you can understand how people can be cautious about stores they haven't heard of before, believe me, these guys are very well informed when it comes to retailers. Anyway welcome to airsoft, it is expensive, it is addictive but by god it's fun! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

EVREY ONE CHILL!:cool:cool::cool: If every one chilled? Right,good then I will continue. kdouglas was doing his job as a moderator ok? That doesn't give everyone else the right to interrogate this guy. Major Sims leave the smart arseary to me the pros:cool:. And I think some people own domonick (spelling?) an apology.
    :pac::pac::pac: WAKKA!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

major sims wrote: »
    this is not the first time i have seen this reaction and would seem to point toward a conflict of interest within irish airsoft and with some people involved in certain positions within the sport

Eh......... wasnt your first post a shameless plugging of your own site in an unrelated thread?

From the Airsoft In Kerry Thread
    major sims wrote:
    skirmish airsoft command in longford opening soon 8 acers of mixed terain,woodland buildings , site props ,vehicles . irelands premier airsoft site , see us on you tube skirmish airsoft command .....cheers major sims

Let he who is without sin and all that................

he's got ya there sims :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Back to topic for me :)

Thanks for the heads up Domonick. This is just down the road for me (as was Derek's old place - Ballymount Field Sports). Will have to check it out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Exneigh

Sweet... ballymount... be out tomorrow for some Gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 DTC

Don't mean this in an agro kinda way but i work in musgraves and i've never seen the place, maybe i'm just blind. Is it at the back of musgraves near the big goods inward gate? Obviously this place wold be a godsend for me if not my wallet.

What are the prices like?

well i said earlier i would get some more details on this shop for you so i rang 11811 and the phone number is 01-4089699
    for the guy that works in musgraves its only up the road in the next estate beside hilti hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

hmmm isnt this intresting now ,
    conspiracy theory anybody

ASG supply an irish retailer ,now we have ASG the walk in retailer.

that no skirmisher has heard of before

sorry the name is airsoft tactical supplies dont know why i put ASG at start of the thread my bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Gatling wrote: »
    hmmm isnt this intresting now ,

conspirace theory anybody

ASG supply an irish retailer ,now we have ASG the walk in retailer.

that no skirmisher has heard of before

ASG are Invading. Sound the alarm. Load those BBs and prepare to repel.

....I'm going to bed.

cool ,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Im gonna watch "Red Dawn" to prepare for the invasion

quick grow a mullet , the bushkies are coming

Wow how off topic are we!

oooops , have to go on a walk about and find this shop if its in ballymount tomorrow ,
    wonder if i can buy a mullet in the adverts section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thread closed pending review.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement