Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mariokart Mariothon

Options
  • 10-04-2008 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hey guys,

For anyone whos interested in Mariokart, but not sold on it yet, myself and some of the lads from www.citizengame.co.uk are running a Mariokart marathon tonight which will be downloadable tomorrow.

The site is being launched in May with Episode One of our monthly game culture show. If you have any questions for us to answer during the marathon please send them onto podcast(a)citizengame.co.uk

Looking forward to playing you all online :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Is it up yet??

Also wheres that video teaser that you or denis mentioned a while back ???

Ah well.....as long as the podcasts keep coming I dont mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Cool. Looking forward to this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

being a non business with our **** irish **** broadband means uploading is excrutiatingly slow, its not an overly big file just terrible connections like, it's made and it was being uploaded last night through the night in the morning it was still being drip fed onto the server and sadly that computer had to be taken away so its gonna be later but tonight anyway hopefully

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ok not trying to flog a dead horse i uploaded it just fully now, and the site we are using to stream it has to encode it to their format and it's going to take 33 hours . . . :(
    anyway so thats basically exactly how long it should be til anyone who wants to watch it can, if its any good the podcast will up at the usual time and probably very close to the mario kart mariothon so hopefully it'll be enjoyed anyway.
    i get progressively drunker and drunker also.

it'll be up on the site later but

heres a little streaming yoke it
    http://www.viddler.com/explore/citizengame/videos/2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Cosmonaut

Its up now (exhale)
    www.citizengame.co.uk

I recomend downloading it if your a graphics monger, the stream is fast but limited. We live and learn. Good to get a little somthing up, but its not what your too expect from the show, the show is for more contrived than getting drunk in front of a camera while playing with plastic wheels :rolleyes:

Looking forward to feedback.
    Be Brutal!

- Oh and new podcast up in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

audio from the camera out of sync by a few seconds for first 20 mins or so

aspect ratios on game footage seems strange and unusual.

good laugh though, and will satiate my appetite until the first proper episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Cosmonaut

Quite true, this was edited in the four post-midnight hours i had between 4 jobs im currently working on so im pretty pleased that it even runs lol :rolleyes:

Quick delivery was over production considering it was a release marathon.
    Naturally the opposite is true for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Hardcore:):)!!

Advertisement