Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carzone - Car not showing in search results

Options
  • 10-04-2008 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I've listed a car on carzone but its not showing up in the search results. Is this normal, if so how long does it take to show up in the search results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AdrianC

Last time I used it, it took about a day for the new listing to show up in a search. I emailed them about it - never got a response, but it just started working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublin1600

Thanks, I also emailed them without response.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It can take a while for them to appear - I presume they do a nightly indexing job that will include it. Can you browse to the advert directly by using the car ID? Incidentally, if you update the price, that can take a while to go live as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

what will be interesting will be to keep an eye on these numbers, since they've now changed their pricing structure:

* 83,947 used cars available
    * Last updated 5 minutes ago

* All the facts for 3,591 new cars
    * Last checked on 8 Apr 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It will take a while for that number to go down as cars added before the price structure are still up until sold - but I am interested to see what will happen in the long run.

• Advertisement
Advertisement