Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Management for Engineers

Options
  • 10-04-2008 4:04pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering could any one recommend any Business Management masters for Eningeers in Ireland or England.

At this stage I'm not sure what is out there and I'm trying to find out what kind of courses are suitable for engineers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

What 'shortfall' are u trying to address:
    what career objective is driving this or is it an attempt to stay in the edu stream and avoid the harsh reality of a day job
    [ I see lots of this so dont take it personal}
    there are lots of 'business management' (BM) courses around so it would help if u were specific:
    I presume the engineering qualification contained some "BM'

Is the requirement for
    marketing
    financial accounting
    management accounting
    IT project management
    HR/IR
    Compliance
    manufacturing process mngt
    etc

do u need a degree/diploma/cert/ or just the knowledge?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

I did the MIE course in UCD a few years ago - graduated in 2004. Good mix of subjects (broad overlap with MBA course subjects) though geared towards engineering and/or operations management.
    Was it worth it?
    Well, I've started my own engineering consultancy business within the last year so I am making use of it. Ask again in a year ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Nelly23

kearnsr, I'm in the same predicament! Finished college last year, working six months now and enjoying it but thinking that further down the line a Masters would be very helpful. I was looking at Operations and Quality management in NUI Galway as a possibility. Part time over two years. I just wonder could I find a job local to there that I could work Tuesday to Friday! My own job would probably sponsor me for but I'm sure I would have to sign a long term contract with them and I don’t want to be tied down like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Nelly23 wrote: »
    kearnsr, I'm in the same predicament! Finished college last year, working six months now and enjoying it but thinking that further down the line a Masters would be very helpful. I was looking at Operations and Quality management in NUI Galway as a possibility. Part time over two years. I just wonder could I find a job local to there that I could work Tuesday to Friday! My own job would probably sponsor me for but I'm sure I would have to sign a long term contract with them and I don’t want to be tied down like that.

if u have bband: consider online, no travelling and no need for beer money:D

Advertisement