Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NI Bank Account

Options
  • 10-04-2008 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

I'm going to be moving up North for a 6 month work contract.

I was wondering how difficult it is to set up a NI bank account so that I can get paid in sterling.

Anyone have any experience of this?

I had a quick look at the ID that is needed but it seems to be British based (i.e. British driving license, British tax credits form etc).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Irish passport will do for photo ID. Something with your NI address will help (so contract from employers, statements from ROI bank sent to your NI address etc). If you're with AIB/Bank of Ireland/Ulster/NIB a letter from your branch might help if you are going to open up an account with their sister banks (First Trust/BOI/Ulster/Northern) respectively would also be useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

My friend works in the North and lives in the South. He banks with BOI so I'm not exactly sure how he was able to open his a/c. But I'm sure if you had the proper ID and POA you should be fine.

Advertisement