Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dreamweaver

Options
  • 10-04-2008 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

sorry for the novice question

I have a web site and am getting a lad to update it, this will tke about 15 mins max change a few photos and some txt.

he'll upload it from dreamweaver

what do i need to give him in terms of passwords etc etc

is it just the name of the web site and the FTP password? or is there more than that

thanks paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Should just have to give him your FTP username and password and Hostname (ie. ftp.yourdomain.com or host.hostingcompany.com).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If it was me, I'd have him mail me the resources so that I can upload them myself. I'd be wary about giving anyone access to the server.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Aidan has a point, some webhosts allow you to setup an FTP sub account if you want to give him limited access to your hosting account.

Advertisement