Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Westmeath(Mullingar)

Options
  • 10-04-2008 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend?
    Am currently with UTV 3mb deal,(har har) paying €50 odd a month, but having LOADS of problems, servers down constantly. I am now sharing internet with two sons (or lets say they are hogging MINE) and frustration levels are going through the roof.
    I have only found Irish broadband 10mb at €87, but would like opinions please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

Stick with DSL as you can get it. Remember your 3mb line will become 7.6mb in June. Maybe try another DSL provider?

At home we have a 3mb Eircom line and have never had a problem. I cant ever remember it going down in the 5 years we have it.

If your happy with the 3mb a 2mb package with another provider will become 3mb in June as well.

BT, Perlico, Imagine etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

in mullingar, have terrible quality broadband 99% of the time with utv 3mb, 64kbps upload,lmao what a f***ing joke

Sent you a PM on all the issues i get

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

and there i was thinking if i lived in town my bb worries would be over :o

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

I'd go with Eircom DSL over any of their resellers. Eircom enforce the contention ratios on the resellers, but in a lot of cases don't enforce it on their own DSL.

Advertisement