Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat roof; options?

Options
  • 10-04-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having a small extension built and I'm looking at going for a flat roof. I'm looking for any hands-on advice from anyone who has used any of the more recent alternatives to asphalt roofing.

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 c class 226

No experience of it but we almost built a flat roof extension last year that was going to have a copper roof on it. For 15 -20 m sq. would cost somewhere around €6000 - €7000. Extension didn't get built, thats why no experience of copper.
    Run very fast from asphalt, felt etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

I'm having a copper roof put on at the moment cost is 8000€ for approx 35sqm most of the cost is in the edge strips. Zinc would have cost us approx 5000€. A cheaper alternative would be a grass roof, though the roof structure would have to be strong to hold the weight of soil and water. I think Kingspan make a substructure for grass roofs.

Advertisement