Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interview and piercings?

Options
  • 10-04-2008 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

had an interview for an engineering company today so had to go to all the effort of taking out my piercings. spent 20 min trying to get my eyebrow one out and gave up coz it was hurtin its been in about 8 or 9 years and havent taken this particular bar out in about 2. then my lip which was easy but putting it back in wasnt had to go to snakebite and get it put back was pretty sore too. and took my tongue one out too was easy in and out
    dont think in future ill go to all this effort ill just leave them in and hope for the best!! just wondering what do yous do if you happen to have an interview?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Im on a 6 month internship now with an accounting company here in the IT section. For the interview I only removed my labret piercing, left in my tongue and ear piercings even my stretched lobes. the others they can't see.
    I got the job but on the first day they asked me to remove my plugs, which I'm not happy about but what can i do >_>
    Hopefully you got the job, good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Wilburt wrote: »
    I got the job but on the first day they asked me to remove my plugs, which I'm not happy about but what can i do >_>

Which is a bit silly, 'cos the plugs look an awful lot nicer and more presentable than big gaping empty holes in your ears.

yeah i know but well ive no choice really and I don't wanna stir the sh!t pot.
    Was funny seeing you beside subway, bit of a change from being decked out headin to fibbers haha, i miss it, well more the cheap beer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Yeah, Little Willburt all dressed up in a suit, you almost looked like an adult! :D

You could always go in hungover on a friday, I'm sure ;)

[subliminal message]give in to temptation[/subliminal message]

no way, been late last 3 days in a row :(
    i'd love to though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Iguana Bob

yea dont get theremove the plugs looks weird without but suppose it make sense to them in some way

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

They just want you to remove them, cause its one rule for everyone.

If they let you leave them in, someone who works with you will complain that they are not allowed their nose ring etc.

So management usually just try to make everyone as alike as possible to avoid the trouble.

You can get away with them in Interviews, but if you can take them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i usually leave them in, and, if i feel the interview's gone well, and they get to the bit where they ask me if i've any questions, ill ask about the dresscode, and my piercings, saying that i do prefer to keep them in, but if they would prefer i didnt, that's no problem. i prefer to just through that one out there early on, and point out how it doesnt affect my work at all. as i am, i only have to take out my labret (you know, in case a psycho 3 year old pulls it out and rips my skin.. :rolleyes:), which i promptly put back in once im on the bus home again.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've never been in a position where I was asked to remove piercings for a job. If I was to go to an interview, I would leave my labret studs in, and the rest of the piercings aren't too invasive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jenfiction

I had to take my piercings out everyday for years when I was in school. At first it was annoying but you become a pro at it. Now I take them out everyday for work. It's no hassle at all- just part of the daily routine.

So much for stickin' it to the man! haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I started a new job recently. Wore all my piercings for the interview, I always do. I was offered the job but when I started I was told all my piercings had to come out, all of them. Tongue, nose and everything. I work on a deli and they think they're unhygenic but I don't believe they are, as long as I don't touch them. I can't get them out by myself so they aren't going to fall out either. Anyway, been wearing light pink bars in all my piercings for the past month and nobody has noticed!

Advertisement