Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spooler service and registry keys

• 10-04-2008 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

bit of a meaty question for the advanced people on here,beats the usual stuff !! ;)

would anyone here have a decent link that shows all of the associated registry keys that are used by the spooler service (XP).

I need to make sure all the registry keys are in place on a XP machine to fix a spooler service sub-sytem crash (ya know the one)every time I try to print to a network printer.
    so far I've ..
    a)deleted the printer from the printers and faxes folder
    b)cleared the printer drivers from start->'printer and faxes' then file ->server properties->drivers->remove.
    c) rebooted the machine, restarted spooler service

so the spooler service is running, it's dependency is correctly set with RPC service, the add printer search will find any of the printers on the network and add them to my client machine(so I think the printer driver download part works!) but...

when I open the printers folder, then open the newly connected printer queue I can see the jobs others have going to the printer, but I crash my spooler service if I try print anything.

the driver correctly downloads from our XP print server and shows as the Proper PCL driver. sorry this is long....

which leads me to believe that all the required files or registry keys are not in place for the spooler service to properly run (reg has been changed).Sooo...does anyone have a 'map' for repairing the spooler service ?

I have tried sfc /scannow and the res kit program cleanspl which still does not fix it , man it has to be the registry ..

thanks for reading...any advice short of a reinstall would be great.

Fionn

Comments

Advertisement