Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

integrated dishwasher hell...

Options
  • 10-04-2008 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know how a dishwasher can be integrated into a framed cabinet?

For example, DeVOL in the UK have totally enclosed cabinets with dishwashers inside... how is the dishwasher got into the cabinet?

Example
    http://www.devolkitchens.co.uk/projects.php?id=corner&imagenum=5

The right hand door holds an integrated dishwasher... after much searching the minimum height of a dishwasher is 810mm so they must stand on the floor.. there are no models that sit inside cabinets... so how did DeVOL get a dishwasher into the cabinet shown in the link?

Any help much appreciated, either info on a supplier of less tall dishwashers or else your thoughts on how DeVOL get them into the cabinets?

Cheers
    Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Hi

Ok, one problem I have solved is to do with the door fouling the lower face frame... I have a drawing to illustrate

Dishwasher-Door-Detail.jpg

The lower face frame has to be eased to allow the door to swing downwards... the crucial point to remember is that the door itself isn't hinged, it is attached to the dishwasher door so the pivot point is back and up relative to the door... (pivot point is the X type marker, the circle shows the swing of the bottom outside of the door)

In the DeVOL example the dishwasher is trapped in the cabinet as far as I can tell, if it needs to be removed for repair the applied skirting board type plinth must be removed. if it was attached using nails which seems likely enough it may need a new plinth to be redone if the old one is damaged...

The only remaining problem is that the dishwasher may have vents which may be exactly opposite the lower framing, not much can be done about that....

Cheers
    Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I think the usual method,in my kitchen anyway,is that the washer is floor mounted as usual, no cabinet is used,the door sits on the front of the washer as you say,if it's an end unit a gable is used and connected to the counter top and back wall or whatever is available.The skirting is connected to the gable. The built in washers are normally smaller than the usual,so you have extra room at the back for venting etc. I hope I understood your post and am not stating the obvious to you Joe.

Advertisement