Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] Get Your Free Luas Reflective Vest

Options
  • 10-04-2008 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,372 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.luas.ie/ul/231.doc
    GET YOUR FREE LUAS REFLECTIVE VEST

To support Cyclist Safety RPA and Veolia Transport are delighted to offer 2,500 FREE Luas Reflective Vests on a first come first served basis.

By E-Mail:
    E-mail us at info@luas.ie and give us your name and address and your Reflective Vest will be posted to you free of charge. (4 Vests per person limit).

By Freephone:
    Please call us on Freephone 1800 300 604 and give us your name and address and your Reflective Vest will be posted to you free of charge. (4 Vests per person limit).

By Freepost:
    Please write to us at Veolia Transport, Luas Depot, Red Cow Roundabout, Clondalkin, FREEPOST, Dublin 22 and give us your name and address and your Reflective Vest will be posted to you free of charge. (4 Vests per person limit).

BE SAFE BE SEEN!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Nice one, thanks. Mail sent off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Thank you :)

Email sent, although I wonder if they reserve a some for those who apply by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Cheers, mail sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

great stuff.....always handy to have, keep losing ones i have!!!!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I hate the way these things only come in XXL - I'm usually lost in them. Like wearing a high-vis sheet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Glowing wrote: »
    Like wearing a high-vis sheet!

Just tell people you’re The Ghost of Health & Safety, and make spooky noises at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

email sent! thanks.
    XXL is grand as it'd fit over my backpack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,372 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Glowing wrote: »
    I hate the way these things only come in XXL - I'm usually lost in them. Like wearing a high-vis sheet!
    I asked for XL and got XL.

Luas wrote:
    Luas

FREE Luas Reflective Vest enclosedl

Safety is a top priority for Luas and we are always working to improve safety for everyone. Wearing reflective clothing means that Luas drivers can see you easily and enhances your safety around Luas and in general This is especially important now that the evenings are getting longer and more people are choosing to cycle around the city.

Instructions

The Luas Cyclist Safety Reflective Vest is cosy to use. Simply slip on the vest secure the Velcro pads and go!

Thank you for doing your bit for Luas Safety

You will also find a Luas Passenger Information CueCard enclosed for your convenience.

For further Luas Information

Web Information www.luas.ie
    E-mail: info@luas.ie
    Freephone: 1800 300 604

NDP EU Transport21 Veolia RPA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I got 3, 2 Large, one medium.
    The medium is good, haven't even tried the large, will probably be swimming in it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

BRILLIANT!!! Great initiative :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I got 3, 2 Large, one medium.
    The medium is good, haven't even tried the large, will probably be swimming in it :-)
    Hang on,aren't you in Galway? You'd think they'd have noticed that they were sending vests to somewhere the Luas doesn't even go NEAR! :)

Fair play to you for managing to get them, but honestly what sort of muppets are working in there?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

kenmc wrote: »
    Hang on,aren't you in Galway? You'd think they'd have noticed that they were sending vests to somewhere the Luas doesn't even go NEAR! :)

Fair play to you for managing to get them, but honestly what sort of muppets are working in there?!?!

Yep, I'm in Galway.
    Chanced my arm signing up, and sure enough they arrived a couple of days ago :-)

I might get some funny looks cycling around Galway with "Be Safe, Be Seen, sponsored by LUAS" on my back. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It's always funny to see people wearing these vests while cycling dangerously through red lights etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭markpb

penexpers wrote: »
    It's always funny to see people wearing these vests while cycling dangerously through red lights etc...

Be seen to be safe.... zoom straight through! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Mine arrived in the post today, fecking huuge it is!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

haha yeah I asked for small if available and got GIGANTIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Asked for 2 x L and got them
    Fair play to d'LUAS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I've just ordered mine. Wonder if they still have any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I ordered and received a Small. It's tiny. I should have ordered medium.

Anyone want it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Put in request for mine, lets hope there not all gone yet

[edit]
    Just called them, they said there all gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I requested a small and an XL, got nothing so far ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

requested a large, got a large. free stuff ftw, even if it is just a vest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Asked for Large, arrived in the post yesterday after about a week. Large it was and it's a perfect fit.

Grand job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

daymobrew wrote: »

Anyone want it?
    Hi Daymo

I got a medium, but I really need an XL. I'll stick the medium in the post to you if you PM me your address.

If anyone with an XL would like to return the favour (what goes around.... and all that), let me know.

I also have a medium available, can post to whomever wants it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭dublinmadyoke

Verb wrote: »
    I also have a medium available, can post to whomever wants it.

Hey I will take it from you if its going?

yeah pm me with your address and I'll post it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

daymobrew wrote: »

Anyone want it?

Hi Daymobrew. If the small is still available I will take it. Also If anyone has a Medium they don't want I'll take it off your hands. I have 2 size Large available if anyone wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

CyaL8r wrote: »
    Hi Daymobrew. If the small is still available I will take it.
    I've offered it to a co-worker. If he doesn't need/fit into it then I'll pass it onto you. I must emphasise that it is tiny.
    I got a medium, but I really need an XL.
    Thanks for the offer. I think it'd be best if I let others take as I have a hi-viz backpack cover and reflective helmet band. I can use an orange mesh running vest if I want hi-viz for the front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

Cheers Daymobrew. As for size its for the missus so since she is 5ft (with her heels on) it should be fine for her. SerialComplaint I'll take the medium off you hands if that is ok. Let me know and I'll PM my details.

Advertisement