Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where Can i Prebook GTA 4...???

• 10-04-2008 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

any ideas about wherei can prebook gta 4.. i was in xtravision a few days ago and they said it would be very hard to get a copy leaveing it this late..
    i tryed to ring gamestop and smyths but they wont answer... the price makes no diffrence to me, all i am worried about is trying to get it in in the closest shop

the closest would be xtravision, but they have none.. tesco in clarehall is the closest tesco to me but not convenient.. gamestop in donaghmeade is manageable... i can get to the shops in town pretty easly but i dont know if i can prebook and wont have time to ring

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ring Tesco pronto and ask if they will have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

Last time i checked which was today Symths in Blanch still have room for pre-orders on the 360 Limited Edition Version but you have to pay a €25 deposit and altogether will cost €95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I think GAME are still taking pre-orders, not 100% sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bennyob

i pre-ordered on videogamesplus.ca yesterday
    i e-mailed them beforehand and they have enough copies to cope with demand. i got it for around 42 euro delivered.

have to wait a few days though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

bennyob wrote: »

have to wait a few days though.

Thats why i am gonna buy in a shop instead of online cos I don't think i will be able to wait a few days!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any word on tesco having them or not? I would presume you can't prebook there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I contacted Tesco today and they said that they will be selling the game on the 29th. I was told to ring my local tesco shop but and when I did they said they won't know if they'll have it till a day or 2 before it's released. So Tesco will be selling it, but maybe not all Tesco shops will have it.

Tesco also said that they sell on a first-come-first-served basis, no pre-orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you can pre-order in currys, oddly enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Benzino wrote: »
    I contacted Tesco today and they said that they will be selling the game on the 29th. I was told to ring my local tesco shop but and when I did they said they won't know if they'll have it till a day or 2 before it's released. So Tesco will be selling it, but maybe not all Tesco shops will have it.

Tesco also said that they sell on a first-come-first-served basis, no pre-orders.

Be prepared for a scurry...........

Rang Tesco and got the same response, Artane Castle is big enough so I'd imagine they will have it. How much in Currys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Rang Tesco and got the same response, Artane Castle is big enough so I'd imagine they will have it. How much in Currys?

fiver deposit, i would imagine the game itself will cost the same as most places

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Be prepared for a scurry...........

Indeed, Im just hoping most people won't think about going to Tesco's to get it, leaving more copies for us :D

I cant believe it, there really wont be enough there for every1 on launch day, everywhere that is, not just tesco.No worries for me though, have to wait till june cos of the LC, hopefully, it'll be back in stock by then:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

I tried to preorder in GAME Dundrum yesterday and they told me that they aren't taking any more preorders as they have so many already and can't guarantee they will have enough games for everyone.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I cant believe it, there really wont be enough there for every1 on launch day, everywhere that is, not just tesco.No worries for me though, have to wait till june cos of the LC, hopefully, it'll be back in stock by then:D:D

So GTA be the big pressie come the 16th, yeah?

So GTA be the big pressie come the 16th, yeah?

I think i'm finished on the 12th and that very day, play gta4 and gt5 prologue(which i've also put off buying) will be the first thing i'll do.Trust me, i have considered buying gta4 on release day and try to play iy with moderation but somehow, i dont think that would be possible, judging by how san andreas went down back in the day.On balance, prob a good idea to wait, i dont want to repeat for f**k sake:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Game don’t seem to be taken any more pre orders.

Looks like I will have to go GameStop....

Lets be honest everywhere should have enough supply for the demand.

It would be stupid if rock* would be foolish not to make loads of copies as its a guarantee hit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 eoinaldhino

As i said Tesco in clarehalll is closest to me and is open 24hrs.. its defo a big enough tescos to have the game... but will they be selling it from 12am.... i tryed ringing them and they didnt answer then tryed the other tesco number thats in the phonebook which turned out to be the garage (idiots)....
    and woud there be long queues for it.. would i even get it

i really dont want to wait a week extra for this.. ive been waiting 3 or 4 years already for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It would be stupid if rock* would be foolish not to make loads of copies as its a guarantee hit

there's only a certain speed cd and printing presses can go.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

this sentance is broken.

• Advertisement

After reading here about Pre-Booking's full up(another thread) i went in thursday and did it, i have a GAME card and while i read here it's free with it, i had'nt a penny till thursday and did'nt want to risk looking like a plank and saying i did'nt have a €5 if it so happened a deposit was required!!. :D

Missed GAME by 2 days, Gamestop said i just missed it but i'm second on there ''waiting'' list, went to xtravsion then and they were full, but went over to Smyths who seemed to be able to accomadate a lot of people(it's the biggest toy shop in Galway and in the city center, sense would tell you it should have the most orders) so i'm down there too, should get it between one of the two of them!!

No way am i waiting even an extra day for this, i'll rob some poor kid if i have too....but compensate him with his money back!!:D

After reading here about Pre-Booking's full up(another thread) i went in thursday and did it, i have a GAME card and while i read here it's free with it, i had'nt a penny till thursday and did'nt want to risk looking like a plank and saying i did'nt have a €5 if it so happened a deposit was required!!. :D

Missed GAME by 2 days, Gamestop said i just missed it but i'm second on there ''waiting'' list, went to xtravsion then and they were full, but went over to Smyths who seemed to be able to accomadate a lot of people(it's the biggest toy shop in Galway and in the city center, sense would tell you it should have the most orders) so i'm down there too, should get it between one of the two of them!!

No way am i waiting even an extra day for this, i'll rob some poor kid if i have too....but compensate him with his money back!!:D

LMAO.

Thats why I'm not taking the bus home on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hendo9

Pre order from Game.co.uk

You get it a day earlier, well I always do anyway

Hendo9 wrote: »
    Pre order from Game.co.uk

You get it a day earlier, well I always do anyway

Afaik, you can only now order the special edition for release day delivery.Theyre, 70 sterling each, i think

Anyone who has not pre-ordered, should go there. Recommended. They even say they will send out a day before so you will have it on release day.

Gamesnash.ie - GTAIV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Pre ordered for me and a mate last nite in xtravision in Limerick, looks good for gettin it o nrelease day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

creggy wrote: »
    Anyone who has not pre-ordered, should go there. Recommended. They even say they will send out a day before so you will have it on release day.

Gamesnash.ie - GTAIV
    that's if you can rely on an post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've preordered in Smyths. If you put a fiver down, they'll give you 500 XBL points....
    (Ordered in Limerick)

Cremo wrote: »

Well I suppose, it's better than waiting a week for more stock in your game shop compared waiting at least 1-2 days

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote: »

You can choose express post with them where it'll be delivered within 24 hours of your order if you order before 11.00 and of course days before the game comes out. Just for extra re-assurance.

I can' t say I would recommend them yet, as GTA IV is the only game I have ordered from them, but I have switched by order over from Play.com to Gamesnash.

Just pre-ordered in Smyths on Jervis St. No money down, just my phone number. They don't know if they are opening midnight yet though .€70.

Smyths Jervis St. 018782878

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

FYI.

Smyths in Tralee took my pre-order for just the game itself on Sat. Same as prev post, just took name and number for the text alert.
    All Limited edition's pre-booked however.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 frecklz

You can pre-order in HMV

Is it around €70 everywhere? (360 version)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Benzino wrote: »
    You can choose express post with them where it'll be delivered within 24 hours of your order if you order before 11.00 and of course days before the game comes out. Just for extra re-assurance.

I can' t say I would recommend them yet, as GTA IV is the only game I have ordered from them, but I have switched by order over from Play.com to Gamesnash.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to clarify the above post - we will be dispatching 24 hours before release day ie Monday 28th and customers choosing express post will be guaranteed next day delivery by An Post ( ie Tuesday - the release day )

Although we will have stock arriving to us on the Thursday / Friday before we are unable to dispatch before the Monday as per agreements with the publishers governing release days etc.

The majority of customers who order and opt for free standard shipping will receive their game on the Tuesday too but the only way to guarantee release day arrival is by choosing express post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Ah go on, send them out thursday, we won't tell anyone ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Hi guys,

Just wanted to clarify the above post - we will be dispatching 24 hours before release day ie Monday 28th and customers choosing express post will be guaranteed next day delivery by An Post ( ie Tuesday - the release day )

Although we will have stock arriving to us on the Thursday / Friday before we are unable to dispatch before the Monday as per agreements with the publishers governing release days etc.

The majority of customers who order and opt for free standard shipping will receive their game on the Tuesday too but the only way to guarantee release day arrival is by choosing express post.

I promise,I won't tell a soul.And I've the Monday off as well.
    I'll even stay off LIVE until the Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

lol, chancers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭NukeD4

Hey, I pre-booked in game stop in the Omni centre Santry for the 360 and was told that there was no chance i would get it on the first day, that i would get it in the second batch about a week later, How does that work then? timecoded reciepts? i was told though if i could get it elsewhere they would give me my deposit back,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I pre booked San Andreas when it came out. No point really, they didn't run out of stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

NukeD4 wrote: »
    Hey, I pre-booked in game stop in the Omni centre Santry for the 360 and was told that there was no chance i would get it on the first day, that i would get it in the second batch about a week later, How does that work then? timecoded reciepts? i was told though if i could get it elsewhere they would give me my deposit back,
    Yeah time-coded receipt, remember everyone that tesco don't do preorders so if you show up early you should get one day one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

My plan before booking through gamesnash was to use argos. AFAIK they don't do prebooking which means whatever stock they get in will be on sale, but what they do have is online reservation. So if you're stuck for a copy, keep an eye on their site the day or two before, or on release day and see if it pops up and lets you reserve a copy online to collect in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Looks like tesco 24HR for me then. Not pre-ordering only to be left waiting another week.

Tempted to go with gamesnash too though. Have they got the strategy guide on the website too as I can find it?

Slunk wrote: »
    Looks like tesco 24HR for me then. Not pre-ordering only to be left waiting another week.

Tempted to go with gamesnash too though. Have they got the strategy guide on the website too as I can find it?

Sorry we are not stocking the strategy guide - we do have plans to roll out books and guides etc but it won't be until later this year. You are of course more than welcome to get the game off us and grab the guide elsewhere. Can't imagine there being a shortage of guides.

Gamesnash

Sorry we are not stocking the strategy guide - we do have plans to roll out books and guides etc but it won't be until later this year. You are of course more than welcome to get the game off us and grab the guide elsewhere. Can't imagine there being a shortage of guides.

Gamesnash

Cheers, just out of interest how much extra is the express shipping?

Express shipping is charged by the weight of the parcel. For a single game the charge is €9.00 but as we have said before the majority of customers opting for free stnadard shipping will receive their orders on the Tuesday of release day. It really depends on An Post and your location - most major cities we find our orders arrive next day.

Express shipping is charged by the weight of the parcel. For a single game the charge is €9.00 but as we have said before the majority of customers opting for free stnadard shipping will receive their orders on the Tuesday of release day. It really depends on An Post and your location - most major cities we find our orders arrive next day.

Thanks have just ordered there. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭NukeD4

Thanks ShaneU, will probably end up going to the tesco in finglas or clearwater, or just wait untill the morning, they were very nice in gamestop, told me they would refund the deposit if i got it elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Deception217

Ordered with Gamesnash, please send it out on the Friday:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

So...Anyone know whether tesco will have it early on the morning ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement