Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! SRC M4 Motor Issue!

Options
  • 11-04-2008 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi I need help.. I just recieved my brand new metal SRC M4 RIS about a week ago. I was going to put a new pistol grip on it when my motor had a big problem... When I opened the cap on the grip to access the motor, I unhooked it and slid it out to check it out. When I put it back in, I noticed that it didn't go in the way it was when I opened it because the cap wouldn't go on. And if I pull the trigger, all that happens is the motor buzzes but nothing else. I can't shoot the gun and I don't know how it went in. There's nothing in the way and although I am an experienced airsofter, I honestly don't know much when it comes to internals. PLEASE HELP! Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

sounds like the motor heat sink is the wrong size for the pistol grip ,had the same problem after changing the hand grip on my dboys m4 ,also the plate covering the motor couldnlt close properly cause the heat sink was the wrong size for the pistol grip ,takes a bit of giggling to get the motor to sit properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 iowast1130

So, what do you suggest I do? I don't have the money to buy a new grip and it is bugging me to death trying to get the motor in correctly. Do you know why it just buzzes and it doesn't fire the gun too? Is it because it is in wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

its because the motor isnt engageing the gears,because its not sitting right ,you could try connecting the wire again and see if that helps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the motor should fit in fine. it it doesnt then it just because you not fitting it properly. it could be that the motor or the spring is getting caught on the wiring that comes from the gear box through the handle. you have to kinda bend the wires so they stay at the edges and not in the middle where the motor gear and shaft go through,.,

I got it to go in but when I screw the base plate on, if it is too tight nothing even happens or it makes a slight click when I pull the trigger but if it is too tight then it makes this awful grinding noise and I don't wanna
    ruin the motor. If you could be more detailed, that would be great cuz I did what you said and got the same results. Also, what is the purpose of the small metal disk that goes ontop of the motor and in a grove in the base plate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Vtec is the man for this stuff; he gave me some helpful advice on me taking apart my M4, such as 'It'll take 3 days' and 'If you can't do it, we'll do it for €20' ;)

Seriously, himself and the other lads suggested this one: http://www.mechbox.com/ It is definitely the business, and I've just taken apart and reassembled my M4 using that site. For your issue, this should explain it well, watch very carefully at least twice and keep it beside you as you do it. http://www.mechbox.com/site/m4/m16-upgrades/m733-resassembly-video.html - I had trouble with the motor in the handle too, and listen for how the guy in the video describes it. You're not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

did you actually change the grip, or did you put the original one back on?

If you changed the grip, have you got a link to the one you changed it to, the g27 grips have caused me hassle before and can be a pain to fit.

The little metal disk is a spacer to protect the motor shaft for being pushed by the adjustment screw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

There is a large screw on the bottom of the grip to adjust motor height, loosen this slightly, then try the motor, it may be too tight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

when ya put the motor back in you should be able to push the motor in and out and it will be springy. if its not then its likely that you just dont have it lined up properly., maybe try removing it and comparing it by eye with the one you removed fron it before hand.

Okay I will try the site but just to make things clear, I am using the original pistol grip and the original motor that came on the gun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

with the original grip you definitely shouldn't be having problems, where have you got the wires coming through? if possible take a picture inside the grip with the motor removed and upload it

Advertisement