Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

more cheap TVs in tesco

• 11-04-2008 9:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭

noticed an ad in this mornings Metro for cheap TVs this weekend

Bush 32" LCD - €499 €299
    Bush portable (not LCD) with built in DVD €149 €49

and a few others

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Sounds to good to be true, anyone got the ad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

49 euro for a tv :eek: when does the offer start, all tescos included?.... I'm there!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

any more info on this seems like a fantastic deal!!

is it a straight discount or will it be another one of those deals where you get the money back on your clubcard vouchers??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

straight discounts, no clubcard involved.

Got a copy of the metro and scanned in the page (attached pic)
    seems to be great deals no mention of the money being put onto the clubcard either just seems like a straight deal....
    tv.jpg

Some reviews of the 32" bush tv here:
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews119850.html

• Advertisement

Does "this weekend" as referred to by the opening poster, start now, or saturday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SuB-Zero_Ire

is it for tescos all over ireland??

according to the ad it applies to ROI so i presume that means all over Ireland and there is no mention of a start date so must be from today until sunday...

neacy69 wrote: »
    according to the ad it applies to ROI so i presume that means all over Ireland and there is no mention of a start date so must be from today until sunday...

thanks, finished work in a hour so gonna head there on the way home and check it out!! :D

thanks, finished work in a hour so gonna head there on the way home and check it out!! :D

let us know how you get on will ya?

• Advertisement

let us know how you get on will ya?

sry wouldnt b able to till monday, my comp is broken at home! and im not gonna head bak 2 work in case i get stuck here for another couple of hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

Rang around a few & it seems Clarehall & Clearwater are only 2 doin it so far!
    Rang Blanch, Balbriggan, Prussia St, Phibsboro, Dundalk, no answer at Maynooth,Drogheda :mad: Neither of those 2 suit me to be honest, might reroute to Clarehall on way home but I'd imagine all will be gone by then.
    Drogheda only have 37" left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

No 32" left in Tesco Jervis Centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

No 32" anywhere in cork. Tried Wilton and Douglas,phoned Mahon point,midleton,mallow,michelstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

None n Tesco Clonmel, They could be just putting them out though 'cos I saw a guy stacking a shelf full of Reduced 19" TV's (Think it was only something like €30 off though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Pallet of the 19" combi in Clarehall around 12.30.(down to wall of LCDs and hang a left) No price on them but this thread has cleared that up. Didn't see any 32" sets but wasn't looking for them. Didn't know about offer till now. Explains why some bloke had 3 14" tvs in his trolley.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭masterwriter

Pallet of the 19" combi in Clarehall around 12.30.(down to wall of LCDs and hang a left) No price on them but this thread has cleared that up. Didn't see any 32" sets but wasn't looking for them. Didn't know about offer till now. Explains why some bloke had 3 14" tvs in his trolley.:D
    19 inch is 249 euro. Would 19 inch be any good? any reviews of the 19 inch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

None of the €49 tellys left in Tesco Dooradoyle, Some of the 32" there tho at 1pm today.
    None of these left in their stores either according to Customer service & a manager there.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

So defo no 32" in the Cork area?
    That's an amazing deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kaylden

Ive heard that there is 50% either back or off electrical items and 30% on gardening stuff next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

jayteecork wrote: »
    So defo no 32" in the Cork area?
    That's an amazing deal.

It was a very helpful manager type in Douglas that asked me if I wanted her to phone Mahon point and check their stock. She came back 10 minutes later and listed off all the stores she tried.

Looking at tesco.ie store locator, the list of Tescos in cork is
    Tesco Douglas ,Tesco Mahon ,Tesco Mallow ,Tesco Midleton ,Tesco Mitchelstown ,Tesco Paul Street ,Tesco Wilton ,Tesco Youghal

Paul street is the only one i dont remember her calling out tho, if you want to give it a try. And maybe Youghal.
    Name of Store: Tesco Paul Street
    Address: Lavitts Quay, , Cork
    Phone: 1890928527
    Fax:
    021-270791 ext 156
    Contacts:
    Manager: Conor Lynch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

kaylden wrote: »
    Ive heard that there is 50% either back or off electrical items and 30% on gardening stuff next week.

Hopefully it's back as that means 4 times the value in the likes of Irish Ferries tokens :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Manager in tullamore said they were all sold out when i called at 1pm.

I don't believe him as i saw no signs for the offer and every time these offers come out i go in there and i usually ask the staff on the shop floor and they never have a clue what i am talking about.

Never again will i take on board those adverts :(

None in Dundrum or Nutgrove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Got a copy of the metro and scanned in the page (attached pic)
    seems to be great deals no mention of the money being put onto the clubcard either just seems like a straight deal....
    tv.jpg
    Why is there a little square cut out of the corner of your scan?

Why is there a little square cut out of the corner of your scan?

cos I had to use paint to edit the scan as the scanner only creates PDF documents so i had to cut the image from the PDF file and the cut and paste down to get it to the right size to be uploaded to boards.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

there is none in Clear water finglas

Paul street is the only one i dont remember her calling out tho, if you want to give it a try. And maybe Youghal.
    Gone in Paul street since 9.30 am this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Dragged the young lad around Bray, Greystones, Ballybrack and Stillorgan-no joy. (even less so for him)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I never bother chasing these offers, they never have enough in stock. Blind luck if you do get them IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There's another audio visual offer starting on Wednesday btw, I think it might be 50% off again.

ShaneU wrote: »
    There's another audio visual offer starting on Wednesday btw, I think it might be 50% off again.

Is this 50% back in vouchers do you know?

How do you know, is there an ad somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

26" Bush TV in Tesco Athlone yesterday for €350. Also, there was a 15" or 19" (can't remember) Bush for €250.

Was out in Mahon Point Tesco earlier. There was a palett(spl) of Bush 15" Flat screen LCDs with built in DVD. No price so I enquired. Your wan says It's scanning as 220 but there'll be 80-90 taken off. She couldn't sell them until the new price was updated.
    So 130-140 for a 15" Flat screen with DVD. not bad I guess.

Edit: No point in opening a new thread but Mini Eggs and Creme Eggs are 75% off in Tesco.
    Mini Eggs; normal price 1.69 - 1.27 = 42 cent for a big bag!

YES BOSS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

any more info on this seems like a fantastic deal!!

is it a straight discount or will it be another one of those deals where you get the money back on your clubcard vouchers??

Straight discount at till, all tescos which do tellys mostly large - extra.

Artane, have the ones for 49 euro still in stock.

http://www.cheaptelevision.co.uk/accessories/p2_articleid/173/

This TV is 89 euro in Tesco. I note there is mono sound, would that be OK

How do you know, is there an ad somewhere?
    I work there.
    cormie wrote: »
    Is this 50% back in vouchers do you know?
    Not sure at the moment, last I heard it was 30% off, no vouchers.

I work there.
    Any flat screen offers coming down the line?keep us posted

Any flat screen offers coming down the line?keep us posted
    well the offer on Wednesday applies to all tvs, so yes :D

• Advertisement

well the offer on Wednesday applies to all tvs, so yes :D
    thanks:)what size screen/prices?there is a mention above of a 26 inch at 350

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

i work in one of the larger tescos and we got about 40 32" tv's and about 70 14"tv/dvd's in on about six pallets the problem is when staff get first pickings:rolleyes: theres usually very little left for the customer i recall seeing about 20 large and about 50ish of the small tvs on sale when the promo started at 9.30am by 10.am all 32"s very gone then by 11am all 14"s were gone too:eek: annoying thing was customers coming in or ringing up all day looking for them then roaring at every member of staff within their grasp when they found out they were all gone:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Bush 32'' tv--None in Cavan or Monaghan? and the staff said there hadnt been any at all-I know someone who works there and they said they would have bought one if there had been any..:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vid

is tesco's 50% offer on today????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

afaik it is but i was told i was only on domestic electricals e,g kettles,toasters,hoovers not home entertainment :( but then again they might of changed their minds ast the last minute as they have done before,im off today so im not sure

is it vouchers or discount at till does anyone know? :)

Had a look in Tesco Paul Street and TVs definitely aren't being discounted.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Had a look in Tesco Paul Street and TVs definitely aren't being discounted.
    no, a 19 inch bush lcd tv/dvd that was 249 last weekend is now 299 in the so called price blitz.

there's 19" lcd & 21" crt bush tvs on offer, and a 42" mirai (which claims to be full HD 1080p)

there's 19" lcd & 21" crt bush tvs on offer, and a 42" mirai (which claims to be full HD 1080p)

Do you know what prices these were?

• Advertisement
Advertisement