Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c35 setup

• 11-04-2008 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have been working in the construction industry but have been out of work for the last few months and just this week started up on a new job. They tell me however I have to get registered and set up for the c35. Can anyone tell me a little bit more about it, i.e. what exactly it is and how to get started? I have checked it out on the internet but there is so much vague info out there and nothing much solid about what I should do first. I'm told I should get an accountant but at the moment I can't afford one. Any info on the topic would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Darren Lamb

You best bet is to go to the revenue.ie website and do a site search for C35. That should bring up all the info you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 aztec.mc

Thanks, but the revenue website does not have any solid information on 'c35'. As far as I've gathered, a c35 is an Annual RCT Declaration!
    Do I become a self employed person now even though I'm being hired by a company? If so I can follow guidelines on that...
    So as a self employed person do I have to register for RCT? Because I'm working in the construction industry do I have to get a C2, and does that make me a sub contractor?
    As you can tell I am having a hard time getting my head around this!!!
    I know it's a lot of questions but any more info would be great...

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

aztec.mc wrote: »
    Thanks, but the revenue website does not have any solid information on 'c35'. As far as I've gathered, a c35 is an Annual RCT Declaration!
    Do I become a self employed person now even though I'm being hired by a company? If so I can follow guidelines on that...
    So as a self employed person do I have to register for RCT? Because I'm working in the construction industry do I have to get a C2, and does that make me a sub contractor?
    As you can tell I am having a hard time getting my head around this!!!
    I know it's a lot of questions but any more info would be great...

Ok here goes,
    If you are being hired by a company, you have no need to worry about any of this as its the company's responsibility to deal with all that and just pay you a wage.
    More realistically whats happening is that you are being given work from the company as a sub-contractor.
    If this is the case, you should fill out a TR1 form(Downloadable from revenue site) to register as a sole trader. Unless you can satisfy certain criteria you will find it hard to obtain a C2, therefore you will be paid with a cheque and a C45 (pink slip).
    The C35 scenario only applies to principal contractors and therefore won't effect you unless you are going to sub-contract work out to others.

This is for info purposes only and you should contact an accountant for definite advice.
    Terms and conditions apply, always read the label:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 aztec.mc

Thanks for clearing that up for me! Going from just getting a wage at the end of the week to having to sort this out for myself aint easy! Appreciate your help!!!

Advertisement