Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's that song called ???

Options
  • 11-04-2008 9:40am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭

Howdy guys and gals, A few weeks ago I heard a song on Sinister Pete's show that stuck in my mind as fun and a great little tune... but for the life of me I haven't been able to find it's name or the artist (including some extensive Google searches). Anyway the only thing I can remember about it was there was a line in it that went: "Throw away your drum machine and you'll be a star" I had arrived at work and had to leave the car to go in before I could get the artist name so I've been humming that line for weeks now. Any chance of putting me out of my misery and letting me know what it's called and by whom ? Cheers :D Drweavil

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

I'm sure there's a few more people who'd like to ask the same question about other songs ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Jaysus Drweavil, youre going to have to give us a bit more than that! If you can remember the date/time or another couple of lines. Male or Female vocal? Rocky or dancy? We're always happy to help people out with song titles and artists...help us though!

Simon
    simon@phantom.ie
    www.phantom.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

On a slightly different note (pardon the pun), what is the name of that song in the Head & Shoulders tv advert ?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

On a slightly different note (pardon the pun), what is the name of that song in the Head & Shoulders tv advert ?

Evelyn Knight - A Little Bird Told Me
    (from 1948)

Heh heh, that's fair enough Simon. It was a a male vocalist, high enough pitched voice... fast but funky bass beat that was continuous but prominent in the background. I would say it was a dancy track, early in the morning on Sinister Pete's show between 7am and 7:30am at least 3 weeks ago. and I'd love to be able to give you a few more lines but that's the only one that stuck in my head :(

It would be great if you could help but if not, don't worry, I'm sure I'll hear it again soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

It might be "Blind" by Hercules & Love Affair.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8S51M2GAc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Hi Drweavil

The song you're looking for is Hybrasil - God Bless The Devil. 100pc.

That lyric about the drum machine sparked a memory in my head

:)

F

Roxy ! You're a star !

That's the one :D Great funky bit of music. You've put me out of my misery :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dj-carlos

I've another one... Have this lyric and tried googling it to no luck.

"Or are you lying through your teeth and i'm too dumb to work it out"

Kind of a fast moving song, guy singing! Pretty sure I would've heard it on phantom.

:)

Advertisement