Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test Route in Rathgar

Options
  • 11-04-2008 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Morning!

Anyone happen to know the test route in Rathgar? I'm managed to select it for my driving test.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Noskoda

Walls wrote: »

Anyone happen to know the test route in Rathgar?

There is no such thing at ANY test centre as 'THE test route'

Get a couple of lessons with a good local instructor and you will be given an idea where you might go. Three areas are possible, but lots of variations.

If you can drive, and are able to do all you need to be able to do for your test, it should not really matter where you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Noskoda wrote: »
    If you can drive, and are able to do all you need to be able to do for your test, it should not really matter where you go!

Aye, there's the rub. I have some way to go on the whole learning thing.

Many thanks for the information. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Actually, just looking through the other threads on this forum topic, quite a few people seem happy to say there are test routes. So do folk know of any routes for Rathgar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

I got about 6 lessons for my test that were to cover the main routes ! I drove around them tons of times. (Was surprised the residents of Rathgar didn't report me for stalking) The tester brough me to a completly different area that I had never been to before after all the hours i spent driving around Rathgar and nearly making myself sick on the speed bumps.

I think I ended up on the Churchtown route and even drove by the Churchtown test station on my way back to Rathgar. I passed though.

If you have a map of the area i could tell you where the driving instructors told me to go which covered a wide area right down to rathmines but as i said i ended up in an area I had never been to before and an area that hadnt been marked for me.

Advertisement