Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

L&L Motors and the Primetime "WRITEOFF'S" report last night.

Options
  • 11-04-2008 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see it?
    TBH, stuff most people here and everyone who works in the industry knows - but shocking and an eyeopener to the average joe out there about to buy a car.

Anyone see it?
    Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

what sort of stuff were they at? clocking cars etc?
    cowboys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Knowengly putting "Written off repaired" motors for sale on their forecourt and selling them to the innocent public........and when they were exposed, not giving people thier money back.
    The report alos exposed the system as a shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

a friend of mine does this.,... sorta... he buys " catergory C " write offs - damaged but repairable , maainly the ones that where crashed but never declared so he cn buy cheap , fix great and get a decent profit off them , 4-5 cars a week , easy living :)

no harm done to anyone , all cars bought are only bought within his skill limit

as for these cowboys...

send them my way, ill show them how much i enjoy my MIG welder :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Not only that, but they sold on the same car twice(even though first time it was a BER already).

The SIMI and insurance dudes in the studio raised some interesting and very valid points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Were the cars they were repairing "economic write-offs" or were they cars written off becuase it would be dangerous to repair?
    I have no problem with economic being repaired & sold on. Generally insurance companies will not pay out on a car where the repair costs more than the car car fully repaired is worth. Of course the cost of repair can be reduced substantially by sourcing 2nd hand parts & also if someone is willing to put their own personal hours in to repair the car it suddenly becomes economically viable to repair the car.
    I am guessing that is what S.I.R.'s friend is doing, fair play to him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement