Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Major Problem???

• 11-04-2008 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

since half 8 this morning i have no signal, anyone the same? came back after i rebooted the phone around 10 but couldnt connect to the internet or make calls, or send or receive texts, and dont think its a billing problem, cant even ring 333 and should have plenty minutes left.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Noskoda

I have no problem, so not a network issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Noskoda wrote: »
    I have no problem, so not a network issue

possible region problem then,,, where are you? im in dundalk at the moment, i was in dublin this morning at it was working fine, only when i got hear i noticed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

try popping the sim out for a minute, then restart the phone, go into newtwork settings and manually select 3, if that dosen't work go back into networks setting and select the other Three 2.5g network(vodafone)....you should be able to make calls on one of them....

Few miles out the road worked fine again,,,,very dodge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Guess that area is out, call 3 and inform them about it.
    Though im sure they already know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Even when they do know they will never admit it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

try popping the sim out for a minute, then restart the phone, go into newtwork settings and manually select 3, if that dosen't work go back into networks setting and select the other Three 2.5g network(vodafone)....you should be able to make calls on one of them....

I've been having problems when travelling around, seems to me like a delay in handing over from 3 to Voda when I enter a 2.5G area. This shows up as problems in making a call, sometimes I have to dial 4 or 5 times or else when someone is calling it goes straight to voicemail as if I am out of coverage even though I appear to have a good signal.

I've been onto 3 tech support and they wanted me to put my sim in another 3g phone and see if I was still having the problems, but I only have the one 3g phone.

I anyone having similar problems?

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    I've been having problems when travelling around, seems to me like a delay in handing over from 3 to Voda when I enter a 2.5G area. This shows up as problems in making a call, sometimes I have to dial 4 or 5 times or else when someone is calling it goes straight to voicemail as if I am out of coverage even though I appear to have a good signal.

I've been onto 3 tech support and they wanted me to put my sim in another 3g phone and see if I was still having the problems, but I only have the one 3g phone.

I anyone having similar problems?

get dropped calls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

davton wrote: »
    get dropped calls?

Sometimes, like when I was on to CPW customer care about the issue, the call dropped twice, needless to say they never bothered ringing me back I had to ring them and go looking for the person I was dealing with, but that's another issue! (Sorry, I know I'm ranting!)

The more common problem is for work to try and contact me and can't get through, so they would end up ringing a workmate who is usually with me. The problem is so bad that I had to get a Vodafone sim and presently carry two phones till I can get the problem resolved!

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Sometimes, like when I was on to CPW customer care about the issue, the call dropped twice, needless to say they never bothered ringing me back I had to ring them and go looking for the person I was dealing with, but that's another issue! (Sorry, I know I'm ranting!)

The more common problem is for work to try and contact me and can't get through, so they would end up ringing a workmate who is usually with me. The problem is so bad that I had to get a Vodafone sim and presently carry two phones till I can get the problem resolved!

I had same problems last year, i don't know if 3 did something on there end, if they did they didn't say so but since i changed my phone i haven't had a problems, not sure if its coincidental or what though. And its still the same sim. I was using a N80 at the time?

• Advertisement

davton wrote: »
    since half 8 this morning i have no signal, anyone the same? came back after i rebooted the phone around 10 but couldnt connect to the internet or make calls, or send or receive texts, and dont think its a billing problem, cant even ring 333 and should have plenty minutes left.....

Exact same problem all day today until left the area. I could get the coverage back for brief periods via: settings, manual search and alternating between the two '3' network options, think one was 3g and the other not. But if i selected the one was was already on it wouldn't be any good. Notified CC.

Its happening again today, and no one else seems to have a problem. So pointing towards the phone. Worth flashing the firmware? Would it make a difference? Gonna try some other phones and see what happens

Advertisement