Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2142 getting a new patch !!!

Options
  • 11-04-2008 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I don't think anyone saw this coming !!
    It has been a little quiet on the Battlefield PC scene recently when it comes to what the DICE Live team has been up to. That’s because on top of dealing with cheats and server problems, we have been busy listening to you all in the community and working on a new update for Battlefield 2142. As well as making significant updates, we are bringing new content to 2142 which will bring new experiences to the Battlefield. As with Update 1.40, we will be running public beta on the update to gather your feedback so watch out for that announcement when we’ll be explaining more about the new content.

I really hope they reverse the changes they made to the clark and the basic medic rifles that they made in the last patch, if they do that then I will be only too happy to try out the game. They really ruinned it with the last patch :( .

Source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Hope they put in a few more maps. Some city mainly inf maps would be nice (just infantry , speeders and jeeps).

Or an air based map , perhaps a vast open space between 2 land masses requiring air drops and spawn beacons before getting a foothold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Man they are some good idea actually, it would be good to see but I doubt it will happen :( .

I wonder how long it will take before they actually release the patch. Do you guys remember when they announced the 1.4 patch and then proceeded to go through 3 BETA's :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Yay, another good reason to get back in to the BF series :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

If they change the podding back to the way it was I might play the game again.

What so you can glitch the game and surf around the map??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

No, so you can actually aim where you want to go instead of dropping straight down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah had stopped before 1.40 and got back into it there this week, i don't don't how many times some muppet bailed out of the transport and i'd to pod out only for the transport land on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

There is a new map called Anzio witch is really good. THere is also 2 or 3 other maps. I heard 3 new maps and then I heard 4 maps so it sounds like tampa might be part of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I thought Tampa was already in it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I thought Tampa was already in it.

Patch 1.40 did include Tampa. I'm in Combat Testing and I've heard nothing of a fourth map.

• Advertisement

Anzio great DOD map. Played for the 1st time, its insane.

Bit of an update.

Q. What new content will we see in Battlefield 2142 Update 1.50?
    A. As well as a number of bug fixes and tweaks based on community feedback we are going to be releasing two new maps created by community members. Wake Island makes its return to Battlefield PC thanks to the guys at Sir. Community and a map which you may have heard of called Anzio will be appearing with a name change as Operation Shingle created by Jason Brice. We are also bringing a No Vehicles option to a number of 2142 maps for those players who want to fight it out on foot as well as allowing you to access 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions for those widescreen monitors. We also heard your cries for movement in pods to be re-introduced on transport ship escape pods so we have been working on giving that back to you while still limiting pod surfing use.

Q. How did you select the community maps to include in Update 1.50?
    A. Both maps we decided to include in Update 1.50 were selected from a wide choice of maps that are out there in the community, it was felt they brought something new to Battlefield 2142 and although some of you will have seen them before in previous forms, they have now been updated and are new maps to Battlefield 2142. Both groups have worked closely with DICE Live and have gone through extensive testing to get the best balance and Battlefield experience from the maps. Wake Island 2142 also holds a little twist to the way Conquest game mode is usually played so watch out for that.

Q. When will Battlefield 2142 Update 1.50 be released?
    A. Update 1.50 will be released for public beta towards the end of April.

Source: http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf/battlefieldnewsdetail.aspx?site_id=B8KOM4UD-5RHY-7JEIWHPH&storyid=22342

Deadly, thats alot more then I thought they would include. I still hope they bring back the old weapon strengths, but this patch seems to be quite good at least :) .

Thanks for the update Spooky.

IS there any boats in 2142? i don't remember any maps with water apart from tunis. Just thinking about wake, if everyone had the AA gun there'd be no getting on the island.

Nope no boats. It should be interesting to see what they do.

I think wake will be a case of podding off the titan on to the island. I would think they would spawn the titans close enough to the island to make this possiable.
    They could make the actual area of the island bigger than we are used to from BF2 or 2142.

They could make the actual area of the island bigger than we are used to from BF2 or 2142.

I remember seeing a cracking wake island map from a map pack, it was at least twice the size of the normal and had huge vegetation. Wish they'd copy that.

Was it for 2142 ??? That might be the map that they are using. Anyway if won't matter if EA don't fix their goddamn account server !!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I remember seeing a cracking wake island map from a map pack, it was at least twice the size of the normal and had huge vegetation. Wish they'd copy that.

They're using the one from the Sir Community though apparently with some extra changes.

Was it for 2142 ??? That might be the map that they are using. Anyway if won't matter if EA don't fix their goddamn account server !!!

Sorry shoulda said BF2.

• Advertisement

Youtube tours of the new maps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvF9OivYIcI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8j9WJ8oAUk

Shingle looks beautiful, i can see it replacing most of the 24/7 gibraltar servers.

Its out.

?? They are released the full patch or are you referring to the Beta.

Its out, shingle is a cracking map, wake is meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

The docked titan on wake is cool though.
    The rest is pants because all the other cps fall almost straight away!

Hmmmm I pretty much dropped the game when 1.4 game out. I have even come to the point where I have disconnected my CD drive, to prevent it from spinning up, so if I want to play the game I have to connect up the cd drive again, which is a pain in the ass. This also gives you an insight into how amazingly lazy I am :p .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Here's a link from gamershell.com theres an Irish mirror for it. 350k down, I tried some others before I found that one and there all too slow barely topping 30k. I had the beta installed so will have to reinstall everything, northern strike an all. Just hope they nailed all the bugs :/

You get it crazy fast from Xfire . I got a good speed from EA's link.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I just finished a round of it there and the pc shutdown on me. Event viewer says its a problem with network DDE so not going to blaim the game just yet. :(

• Advertisement

Shingle is a cracking map. A snipers heaven, love the 2nd flag with 3-4 flights of stairs to get to it. Wake is kinda meh, a good map for engineers, loadsa walkers tanks etc.

Advertisement