Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Pools (Newbridge/Naas)

Options
  • 11-04-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know the location of any (nice) public swimming pools in the Newbridge/Naas area (or anything nearby)?

Or are we restricted to gym membership in a hotel or something?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

just googled 'naas swimming pool' and guess what popped up

'http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/LeisureServices/SwimmingPoolTimetables/'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Ahh....I was aware of the pool in Naas but was told it was a manky thing, which was why I asked if anyone knew of any "nice" pools.

Google is great for telling you what's out there but only real people can tell you if it's worth using.

cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 worksucks

There is a place in Newbridge called the gables it is a guest house with a nice enough pool and you can just pay as you go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I was in the Gables a few months ago, I thought it had gone very run down. Although they are expanding.

The public pool in Naas isn't great, however they are currently building a new one, so hopefully that'll be decent.

If you want a privately owned pool, you can always check out, Kilashee Hotel, Osprey, Monread Gym & Keadeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Thanks for the info folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

Jackie Skelly are opening a gym in Newbridge near the train station this June which will have a swimming pool. I think it'll be open to the public too but hours might be restricted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SpoonOg

My Mother informs me that there is a new Public Pool / Gym on the Caragh Road. She and the Sister have been and think its well good. Open to the public, I believe 6 yups for the day. I myself am currently looking for a timetable for it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

I had thought that both the Naas and Athy council swimming pools have been either done up or are completely new. I haven't been talking to anyone who has been at either -but they are definitely worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 worksucks

Advertisement