Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what console to buy gta 4 on

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Bros123 wrote: »
    I see you haven't found any reliable source to back up your claim.

*Sigh*:rolleyes:

And click on your "review" again.
    It's been updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

That review should be taken with a pinch of salt. It has already been confirmed that the PS3 version has a 5 minute mandatory install. There are only 2 reviews you can trust atm, the OXM and PSM reviews.

I haven't heard anything about an optional install for the 360 (I couldn't be arsed to click on the link above), although none of the fansites or previews that I have read have mentioned it. Alot of people want it of course, and they would be stupid not to include it.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Back on topic. Popped into my most loathed game retailer. Gamestop, and enquired about GTAIV. Little EMO kid in there demanded a fiver for a preorder, then told me there's no guarantee I'll get it on launch. Told him where to go.
    What surprised me, however, is that he told me it'll only cost 64euro, a bargain for Gamestop. Was expecting the full 75 euro from those carcass picking b*stards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Very tempting alright, for ppl who dont currently have a next gen consiole.All they need is an arcade xbox for 200, a copy of the game for about 50 and a 10e hdmi lead anthere playing gta4 i HD.Good overall value, it must be said

TBH, i take back this post so i'm gonna break it down.I'm gonna compare the pro 360 with the ps3 btw, i think the pro is the 40gb-ps3's true rival version

Xbox 360
    Pro console- 270e
    Game- 60e
    Play n charge kit- 20e
    1 year gold subscription- 60
    Tesco hdmi lead- 10e

This all adds up to 420e overall. Afaik there is no "all in one box" version with the console and game together

PS3
    40Gb console incl gta- approx 430e http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Hardware/HardwareBundle/~r334572/Sony-PlayStation-3-with-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV/
    Tesco hdmi lead- 10e

Total 440e for ps3 (If the combo pack is available in ireland, that is).

Dont think i'm biased towards the ps3 either, i've got both consoles.I just think that microsoft agressively advertising the game with the 360 does'nt tell the entire story.What do ye think of this as a comparison????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

have both consoles,but getting ps3 version because dont have xbox live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Xbox 360
    Pro console- 270e
    Game- 60e
    Play n charge kit- 20e
    Tesco hdmi lead- 10e

This all adds up to 420e overall. Afaik there is no "all in one box" version with the console and game together

Don't forget the wireless adaptor, that's another €80 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Still haven't found a link ShaneU to back up that claim??
    Maybe you didn't see my reply,it's just a few posts up. /\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

TBH, i take back this post so i'm gonna break it down.I'm gonna compare the pro 360 with the ps3 btw, i think the pro is the 40gb-ps3's true rival version

Xbox 360
    Pro console- 270e
    Game- 60e
    Play n charge kit- 20e
    Tesco hdmi lead- 10e

Whats the hdmi lead for?? is there not one with the 360 already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Vain wrote: »

Xbox 360
    Pro console- 270e
    Game- 60e
    Play n charge kit- 20e
    Tesco hdmi lead- 10e

Whats the hdmi lead for?? is there not one with the 360 already?

Only with the Elite. With the Pro (or Premium), you get the composite and component cable in one. Component will allow high def TV viewing, so HD cable not absolutely necessary, but to compare like with like is probably the main aim.

• Advertisement
Advertisement