Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanilla Coca Cola

• 11-04-2008 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭

I just realised I haven't seen it in ages! :eek: Years even? Where'd it go?!

And I know I could have put this in the drinks forum but I think it belongs here more so than there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,870 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

They got rid cause it tastes like piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

I liked it.

DIY Vanilla Coke = Coca-Cola + Vanilla Essence.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

I LOVED it, don't really like normal coke! When I went to America there last year, they had it, so I brought home as many bottles as I could fit after all my shopping (not a lot), they're all gone now, didn't last long actually! I think it was only a special edition here or something.

Must try that DIY idea!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Get a vanilla pod and lash it in a bottle, let it sit for a few weeks, the acids should extract it fairly well. I found the taste quite fake, nothing beats real vanilla pods, pricey though, get them on ebay cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i was in tesco a while back looking for vanilla extract, and on the wee footnote of the price tag it said that the stuff cost over €100 per litre. :o we're in the wrong business people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I really liked it I did, infact vanilla coke was what got me into drinking coke full stop - I found my self buying it after vanilla coke disapeared. I now wonder if vanilla was to return, would I drink it or just stick to normal coke?

Actually, I lie. It went Vanilla Coke > Normal Coke > Coke Zero. Atleast I dont feel as guilty drinking zero although I'm sure there is some consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Oh man I loved this stuff. Bought a case of it off eBay ages ago.

It's back on the market in the US, no idea about here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Holsten wrote: »
    Oh man I loved this stuff. Bought a case of it off eBay ages ago.

It's back on the market in the US, no idea about here.

Now that is what I call obsessive! Good idea though, may be taking a trip to eBay :P

I use to get alot of my vanilla coke in the UK when I use to drive over to visit family. At that stage it wasn't availible in Ireland and you could only get it in the old-style bottles, not the contours. I use to say to my self it never tasted as nice from the old bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Love Vanilla Coke. They actually still sell it in Germany! I'm over in San Fran at the moment, drinking a vanilla coke, better then ever :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah they got rid if it at the end of summer last year, hopefully it will be back again, as the other guys were saying I use vanilla syrup too ( the one for coffee's ) and it does the job. I was in seattle last yeah and got Cherry Vanilla Coke....good times.... :D

CC

• Advertisement
Advertisement