Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA in the Black Box

Options
  • 11-04-2008 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what time this kicks off on Sunday, and who's fighting?

Looked in the martial arts forum, but couldn't find it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Its doors at 4pm and first fight at 5pm, final card has 12 full rules Mixed Martial Arts matches and this time it takes place in the cage. Last time it sold out before the first fight began so anyone thinking of buying tickets on the door should shoot to be there as they open.
    Link to the Card ->http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055241648

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Are there restrictions on bringing cameras?

Video - some
    Photo - commercial photos are restricted, but all that's needed to get around is to contact the promoter ahead of time or someone on the security staff at the event.
    Non Commercial photos are completely unrestricted.
    Why do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I was thinking about going to it, but I'd like to bring my camera, and maybe a couple of lenses... it's not a pro setup, but might look like one to the untrained eye... I wouldn't be selling the photos though

That wouldn't be a problem at all, just make yourself known to me when you come in and I'll make sure security are aware you have permission.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

If it kicks off at 5, it's likely done by the time I have to go to work at 11. Think I'll check it out.

It will kick off on the button of 5, you can take that to the bank! At the first event, as we were sold out early, we actually started a little before the scheduled kick off time. I would expect at the very latest we will be out of there by 8pm. But 7:30 pm is probably a better estimate of finish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Just home from this. Had a good afternoon; the local fighters seemed to do pretty well.

Well done to the organisers.

54315.jpg

All the local guys won bar one, great night for Point Blank and MMA in Galway!
    Some pics are available on the Point Blank Gym Bebo Page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

What an event it was!It really was great altogether, very proffesional setup ie. lightingand sound etc. Not to mention the fights! The announcer was class too!:) Bring on November 2nd!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement