Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Careful-29.99 charge 4 Eircom BB connection if u order by phone, none if done online

Options
  • 11-04-2008 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post... or if everyone knows already :rolleyes:

I'm switching back from BT to Eircom (had problems with bb every evening...:rolleyes:..)...and saw their advert online which says that you get free bb connection (I had cancelled mine) and free modem when you switch back.... Theres a form to fill out 'Come back to Eircom' and it says you can either fill out the form or ring a 18** number ... so I rung the 18** number .... the agent advised that I would be charged 29.99 connection fee to BB...so I said about the online advert saying free connection etc etc... and the jigs and the reels of it is .. you have to switch your line over first by calling them... Then when your line has been switched over, order the BB online so you don't incur the 29.99 fee....

It is not very clear on the website (I believe:o), so just thought I'd post it up so no-one gets stung for the 29.99 charge....

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Many ISP's offer incentives if you signup on-line,
    - first month free
    - free modem
    - free connection
    are just some of the offers ISP's give, its less work iof you sign-up on-line after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

Cabaal wrote: »
    Many ISP's offer incentives if you signup on-line,
    - first month free
    - free modem
    - free connection
    are just some of the offers ISP's give, its less work if you sign-up on-line after all :)

:) I should have just filled the form in online to switch instead of ringing them... .. (bit slow today :o) ...its just that when you click on 'come back to eircom' they bring you to this form to fill out or they say you can ring them instead - it doesn't say there that you will be charged €29.99 for the connection to BB if you call the number instead of being charged nothing if you just fill out the form..... mind you if you fill out the form, they still have to ring you ... so you could be charged the €29.99 without knowing ... IUKWIM.... just not very clear really.

Bit like my posting ! :rolleyes:

Advertisement