Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Defensive worries cloud AC Milan's trip to Juve

• 11-04-2008 1:38pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Preview
    MILAN, April 10 (Reuters) - AC Milan look set to face old rivals Juventus (1830 GMT) with a second-string defence in their Serie A match on Saturday.

Kakha Kaladze is suspended while Alessandro Nesta is appealing a two-game ban for his dismissal in the 2-1 defeat by Atalanta two weeks ago. A decision is expected on Friday.

If Nesta loses the appeal, fifth-placed Milan may have to rely on back-up defenders Giuseppe Favalli, Daniele Bonera and Cafu alongside Paolo Maldini. Right back Massimo Oddo recently had knee surgery and left back Marek Jankulovski is injured.

Carlo Ancelotti's side, four points behind fourth-placed Fiorentina, have just six games left to clamber into the final Champions League qualifying spot.

Juventus, two above Fiorentina in third, had their outside hopes of a title challenge ended by a 3-2 defeat at Palermo last weekend.

Czech midfielder Pavel Nedved had to spend the night in a Palermo hospital following a nasty clash of heads, and while he has returned to training he is not a certain starter in Turin.

'I feel better. I'm a little weak, but that's normal,' Nedved told Juventus Channel.

'I'll try to make Saturday's game, even though I'll have to be 100 percent fit to play, otherwise it'll be better if a fitter team mate takes my place.'

In the weekend's other big match, leaders Inter Milan host Fiorentina on Sunday (1830) with top scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic again doubtful after recently returning to training after knee trouble.

Champions Inter have a four-point advantage over second-placed AS Roma, who visit Udinese on Sunday (1300).

Roma coach Luciano Spalletti, who previously managed Udinese, is hopeful striker Francesco Totti can recover from a thigh injury.

In the standout game at the bottom, Cagliari visit relegation rivals Livorno with the winner set to leap clear of the drop zone.
    Saturday, April 12, 2008
    Time Home Away VENUE
    17:00 UK Palermo v Catania Calcio Renzo Barbera
    19:30 UK Juventus v AC Milan Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino
    Sunday, April 13, 2008
    Time Home Away VENUE
    14:00 UK Napoli v Atalanta Stadio San Paolo
    14:00 UK Livorno v Cagliari Armando Picchi
    14:00 UK Udinese v Roma Stadio Friuli
    14:00 UK Reggina v Sampdoria Stadio Oreste Granillo
    14:00 UK Empoli v Parma Stadio Carlo Castellani
    14:00 UK Lazio v Siena Stadio Olimpico
    14:00 UK Genoa v Torino Comunale Luigi Ferraris
    19:30 UK Inter Milan v Fiorentina Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

Big game for Inter this week. Its at home so thats good. Dont think Inter will do AC any favours and should be a home win.

Juve and AC have the outstanding game of the week for me. I can see Juve making a show of AC.AC dont have the defence, Kaka is off form so it doesnt look good for them.

Sampdoria could leap frog AC and depending if Roma have a good reaction AC could be een further off the pace if Udinese win

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Not to mention Pato is out for milan
    Im worried they wont qualify for the CL as they have been hopeless lately

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'd be more worried about them getting into europe full stop let along CL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

do bravo still show these games?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

dont think any tv stations in ireland have them. I watch them on bet 365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

prendy wrote: »
    do bravo still show these games?

C5 are the only english speaking tv station that shows game and you cant get it in ROI
    I watch via bet 365 but its akward not having a highlights package to watch
    as it means 90% of the games ive seen are milan games if it was on TV id watch other ones but I hate having to watch on a monitor so I dont tend to suffer through it for non milan games.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Yeah, we're proper ****ed this weekend...

Inter win. Roma win. Juve win. AC Milan for the Inter 2 Bob Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Milan slip up, but so does every other team around them, lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Panucci and Doni getting on like a house on fire.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

Panucci and Doni getting on like a house on fire.

Panucci always seemed like a stropy git but I think he is a decent player

• Advertisement
Advertisement