Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

body found in the ifsc canal

Options
  • 11-04-2008 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭

they've just dragged a body out of the canal behind the harbourmaster pub in the IFSC. anyone have any more info on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

heard that too. No more info though. Nothing yet on any of the news websites

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Really?... wow!... been searching and can't find anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Breaking News

11/04/2008 - 17:16:41
    A body has been taken from the River Liffey in Dublin.

Gardaí say it was spotted at George's Quay near the Financial Services Centre after midday today.

Gardaí said this afternoon that there is nothing to suggest that the discovery is suspicious.

A post mortem is expected to be carried out later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

they've just dragged a body out of the canal behind the harbourmaster pub in the IFSC. anyone have any more info on this?
    Breaking News

11/04/2008 - 17:16:41
    A body has been taken from the River Liffey in Dublin.

Bit misleading there OP.
    The quay behind the Harbourmaster is a few hundred metres from the Liffey.
    Plus at least four lock gates seperating it from the Liffey as there is another lock in front of it.

But thanks for posting it anyway, I know the area well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭smellyanus

micmclo wrote: »
    Bit misleading there OP.
    The quay behind the Harbourmaster is a few hundred metres from the Liffey.
    Plus at least four lock gates seperating it from the Liffey as there is another lock in front of it.

But thanks for posting it anyway, I know the area well

I too know the area well and was there today when it happened.
    It was right beside the harbourmaster, so the OP is right.

• Advertisement

RTE was wrong :eek:

My apologies OP, I belived RTE over you, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

no worries, i work around the corner so was pretty sure of my facts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

so was it found in the little pools in the docks or in the actul liffey ?

Why is a body found in the water not suspicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

perhaps it was a suicide, and the tides brought it from it's original location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

apparently there were 2 more people who had to be rescued from the liffey today
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/?jp=mhojqlmhsnkf&c=ireland

what the hell is happening its not like u can just fall in by accident, bet theres some stupidity going on or something

• Advertisement

JoeSchmoe wrote: »
    perhaps it was a suicide, and the tides brought it from it's original location

Tides? :confused:
    If it's in the quay then that is stagnant water, no tides as it's not connected to the Liffey. And it couldn't have gotten over 4 or 5 lock gates

Without knowing the background, could well have been suicide. That's what I take from the garda statement.

utick wrote: »
    what the hell is happening its not like u can just fall in by accident, bet theres some stupidity going on or something

While it didn't happen in those incidents you often see the local knackers diving off the new bridge by the IFSC. They wear wetsuits.

I've no idea how strong the tide is in the Liffey, don't think anyone has ever died from doing it.

In fact, when that bridge first open that was 24/7 security to stop this messing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

micmclo wrote: »
    Tides? :confused:
    If it's in the quay then that is stagnant water, no tides as it's not connected to the Liffey. And it couldn't have gotten over 4 or 5 lock gates

Without knowing the background, could well have been suicide. That's what I take from the garda statement.

sometimes the water in the liffey is really low, you can see the bottom, sometimes it's really high, why? tides,

but you're right the chances of a body drifting from the main river into one of the docks are pretty slim

Advertisement