Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Noooooooo, door scraped! :(

Options
  • 11-04-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The left door of my car hit a small pillar yesterday morning as I was reversing into a parking spot.

It looks a bit worse in the pic.

I sure hope it wont cost me much to get repaired. See attached

:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

py2006 wrote: »
    The left door of my car hit a small pillar yesterday morning as I was reversing into a parking spot.

All by itself!!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

markymac wrote: »
    All by itself!!!! lol

Yes it was the doors fault! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

The same thing happened to me when I just started driving. :o

Mine was on the left side rear door and also a small bit on the arch was dented too. Cost me 300 euro to have it smoothed out with an independant panel beater. Mine looked worse than yours so I wouldn't expect to pay that much.

Cionád wrote: »

Mine was on the left side rear door and also a small bit on the arch was dented too. Cost me 300 euro to have it smoothed out with an independant panel beater. Mine looked worse than yours so I wouldn't expect to pay that much.

Phew, I sure hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

it looks like there are holes in the metal? is there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

Just do the same to the drivers door. It will look symmetrical and Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Wouldn't be a major job, they'd firstly try to get the metal back to shape by either pulling or 'beating' it. Then fill it with some filler and smooth it and then they'd spray the entire panel. With a good bodyshop you'd pay around €400 for a unnoticeable finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Cionád wrote: »

Same here. mine was dented and scratched alot worse and over a bigger area (well i think so going by the pic) and it cost e400. good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I have a similar gash on my car from a pillar at Tesco. I wasn't gonna bother having it fixed tbh, as I'm selling the car in about 6 months anyway so dunno if it's worth coughing up now or if it won't really make much difference to the resale.

anto-t wrote: »
    it looks like there are holes in the metal? is there?

No, it does look like it in the picture alright. After looking at the pic on my pc I rushed outside to look at the car again.

• Advertisement

macroman wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a major job, they'd firstly try to get the metal back to shape by either pulling or 'beating' it. Then fill it with some filler and smooth it and then they'd spray the entire panel. With a good bodyshop you'd pay around €400 for a unnoticeable finish!

Yikes, I should hope it would be unnoticeable.

Jeapy wrote: »
    Same here. mine was dented and scratched alot worse and over a bigger area (well i think so going by the pic) and it cost e400. good luck!

The pic attached will give you a better idea of the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

It should cost about two hundred to two fifty to repair no more.

Advertisement