Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sunnier in morning or evening?

Options
  • 11-04-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Hope someone can help me with this. Is it more likely to be sunnier in the morning or the afternoon? The reason I'd like to know is for siting solar panels (thought this would be a better forum than R.E. for this info.
    TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

I'm open to correction here but I'd say its sunnier in the morning.

This is because convection usually occurs during the day and can take a while to clear in the evening. On the other hand, its usually colder in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Posted here yesterday evening

Generally there is more sunshine in mornings as convection increases cloud during day.
    When do most showers occur?
    In the afternoon.

I have sunshine data going back 4 years here in coastal Wicklow.
    Here are total sunshine hours for each hour. The hours are set for true time and not based on GMT
    6-7 300h
    7-8 418
    8-9 532
    9-10 620
    10-11 646
    11-12 639
    12-13 606
    13-14 578
    14-15 536
    15-16 447
    16-17 345
    17-18 240

The above is specific for my site, but I say the trend is same for most areas

Advertisement