Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

optometry or ortoptics

Options
  • 11-04-2008 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

just wondering if anyone can offer any help. i am currently holding two offers one for optometry and one for orthoptics i really can not decide between the two . can anyone offer advice, pros and cons etc. it would be really helpful:)

Comments

I'm not sure whether anyone here will be able to help. It might be worthwhile to put up a similar post in the Biology & Medicine forum as you might get a more thorough and knowledgeable answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dx22

Choose optometry! No contest (I am an optician an am very happy with my job!)
    Orthoptists are limited to hospitals only not as well paid.As a optometrist you can map your own career e.g work in hospital,work in private practice,work in laser surgery,run you own business.These options are not available to an orthoptist.If its the course material you are interested in,opticians learn the same stuff about binocular vision and orthoptics in college as well!

Advertisement