Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brunson V Antonius Heads Up for Rolls !!!

• 11-04-2008 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

This is a link from raw vegas.tv where Doyle Brunson is supposed to be lining up to play Patrick Antonius in any game Doyle chooses for a seven figure sum.

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID=7b3a77927ae2127e58912f9a7ae670

I think there was bad blood between the two after a final table
    of a WPT event where Brunosn called the all in PF of Antonius with 22 or 33 against Antonius' A 4,

Antonius openly criticised Brunson for the call and Brunson came back saying it was a terrible bet from Antonius in the first place. Doyles hand held up and he took the pot down.

Now they are set to play any game Doyle wants to see who is the better player or grudge match kinda thing.

Antonius has got some cohones even allowing Tex dolly to choose the game type. He could lose alot of money as doyle clearly won't pick games like NL Holdem and PLO which Antonius is good at.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭KINGofHEARTS

Mr.Plough wrote: »

Seems to be getting called a grudge match on 2+2 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭BarrierReef

That final table was an WPT and Doyle called with 33 , Antonious had A2. Antonious was disgusted asking Doyle how he could make the call. Doyle looks at him and says "We aren't playing Solitare" - Classic.

It was a terrible call If I recall

• Advertisement

Don't be stupid...DOYLE READS SOULS:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

I remember reading something about this before. Apparently Doyle said in some magazine that "those internet kids" aren't half the poker player he is and he'd make mince meat out of any of them live. Patrick got a bit of a laugh out of this and said he could beat Doyle at any game of Doyle's choosing. Obviously it's going ahead.

Patrick will eat him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

And on that note, i don't know if Durrr plays aswell live as he does online, but if he does he would EAT Helmuth. There's bad blood there because Durrr defeated him at a heads up tournament and afterwards when he was asked what it was like playing Helmuth, he basically dismissed him and said Helmuth's not that great, and that he's much more worried about playing Mike the Mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=canh0y6xYrM

I think that's the right interview, my computer doesn't have sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

And on that note, i don't know if Durrr plays aswell live as he does online, but if he does he would EAT Helmuth. There's bad blood there because Durrr defeated him at a heads up tournament and afterwards when he was asked what it was like playing Helmuth, he basically dismissed him and said Helmuth's not that great, and that he's much more worried about playing Mike the Mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=canh0y6xYrM

I think that's the right interview, my computer doesn't have sound.

i dont think he was too worried about playing anybody. that kids probably the sickest ever. actually 2nd sickest after timex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭HighFinance

I asked Doyle about this in an interview and he got noticeably more animated. 'I think he's made a big mistake', he said referring to the fact that he can choose any game he wants.

b.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I asked Doyle about this in an interview and he got noticeably more animated. 'I think he's made a big mistake', he said referring to the fact that he can choose any game he wants.

b.

Yea, hoping for something legendary when I read that part, like the table tennis bet with coke bottles/ frying pans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Patrik will eat him.

In holdem and plo yeah, but doyle will choose some oldschool game no ones heard of.

deuce to ace tip the can yeehaw lowball or some sh1t where I think he'll have an edge

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Should be interesting mind you.
    The epitome of old school poker versus the epitome of the new school, internet poker.

(with this post i just made a set of eights)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

In holdem and plo yeah, but doyle will choose some oldschool game no ones heard of.

deuce to ace tip the can yeehaw lowball or some sh1t where I think he'll have an edge

I lol'd :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Lol.

I agree though, given he can choose any game he wants I think it's going to be close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭padraig_f

IIRC it was total crapshoot at that stage, and calling without looking at your cards wouldn't have been terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Antonius had been really active and doyle just tilted. After antonius said "How can you make that call?" Doyle said "How did you make that raise?" I lol'd at Antonius' face, classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Given choice to Doyle ju about makes it even.

If it was in a standard format, say RoE, then PA would win easily

Mellor wrote: »
    Given choice to Doyle ju about makes it even.

If it was in a standard format, say RoE, then PA would win easily

I dunno about "winning easily"

A once off game anything can happen. I know it's a very long shot, but suppose they both flopped sets the very first hand? Except Doyle had the higher set?

Good night.

• Advertisement

jayteecork wrote: »
    suppose they both flopped sets the very first hand? Except Doyle had the higher set?
    pa would open fold face up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I really don't get why people (especially on twoplustwo) think in the like 100 hands they'd have seen either play they can tell who'd have the 'huge edge' eitherway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

pa has a huge edge

Doyle was talking about it again. Seems to be some genuine bad blood there. I remember once on High Stakes Poker PA won a big pot after flopping a flush with 8-3 diamonds.
    Doyle said "If I was a young man I might call with 8-3 diamonds looking for a flush"
    Think you could interpret that comment as saying PA is stupid and inexperienced.
    By the way, since Patrik is into making challenges, here is one for him. I read where he has taken up golf. So, I challenge him to play for $100,000 a hole at Bali Hai Golf Club, any time from now until the end of August. Surely a twenty-seven-year-old ex-professional tennis player from Finland can beat a seventy-four-year-old guy with an artificial shoulder and who has to use a crutch to walk. What do you say, Patrik? - DB

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/blogs/article/3763

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

Whats funny is PA did the exact same thing in the EPT with 33 calling an allin reraise preflop against Gus

heres a link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

lol at PA's blog.

and if I have until August to practice and improve, hopefully I can make a big dent in Todd's inheritance. Seeing Todd cringe when I win millions is going to be worth just as much as the money.

Fairly funny.
    Althought somoene else probably wrote that. I've read Antonius' blog for a while and I've never kown him to be remotely amusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

LMAO Classic :D:D:D
    First of all, when the hell did Doyle Brunson start writing a blog, is it even legal for a man that old to blog? Pretty amazing for a guy that was around before TV's and telephones. And second, what is the gambling world coming to when a 108 year old man can challenge a young man in the prime of his life to a $100,000 a hole golf match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

jayteecork wrote: »
    Fairly funny.
    Althought somoene else probably wrote that. I've read Antonius' blog for a while and I've never kown him to be remotely amusing.

Poker Royalty are an agency that handles the affairs of poker players, and they have recently signed up PA. Imagine gerry maguire in vegas, and you wouldnt bo too far wrong

cue the heads up for rolls poker programme and all spin off memorabilia

Advertisement