Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs Arsenal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Draw
    You have to say that justice was done

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

scholes off for Andersen and tevez on for Park its on now ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Get Theo on to run at Brown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Arsenal Win (Arsenal Fans)
    Utd are going to win this by a couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lol first at Gallas and then at Hleb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Poor challenge by Adebayor.

WTF was Adebayor at? Silly display of frustration

Nice stuff from Walcott. Another good chance.

Why are United trying so hard to beat Van Der Sar? :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

2-1 to Man U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Best thing Ronaldo did all match................let Hargreaves take the free kick

• Advertisement

Very poor from the wall. They might not have got there but ffs make an effort and jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

A hargreaves free kick special. They ain't as pretty as ROnaldos but damn are they effective. Like the man himself. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

United Win
    A wall should not jump.

Nice free kick. Silly to foul Evra where they did.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Best thing Ronaldo did all match................let Hargreaves take the free kick

And what a free kick it was too

Jays could the wall at least jump? Great hit though

Well that's Arsenal gone. Only Chelsea left to challenge.

Villain wrote: »
    A wall should not jump.

??? So they should let the ball sail over their heads into the top corner? What planet are you on.

Arsenal to have someone sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

talk about the whole season being shown in one game. For some reason, we can't defend a f*king lead. Very annoying. Couple that with the wastefulness in front of goal and it adds up to this season :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Just back from the game listening to this game on the radio, what was going on with Ronaldos pen ?

Just back from the game listening to this game on the radio, what was going on with Ronaldos pen ?
    Encroaching. Retaken. Scored both times. Lehman got a yellow for chat too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Utd need a third goal quick as the defence cant be trusted

Encroaching, they described it on the radio as him doing something dodgy, not other players.

Encroaching, they described it on the radio as him doing something dodgy, not other players.
    Dunno then. Didn't notice anything.

He did the John Alridge stutter, which I thought wasn't allowed? It was retaken for encroachment though.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, the stop is not allowed, Arsenal getting no trophies this season then.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

United Win
    hoyte did nothing there, the last few minutes have been phenomenal from utd great passing.

Lol super stuff from Ronaldo. Great to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Draw
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

So happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

A nervy match but in the end United showed they have spirit to come back and win the game. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

another match thrown away :( At least the penalty wasn't dodgy this time but such a soft way to leave utd back into the f*king match!

United Win
    Stekelly wrote: »
    ??? So they should let the ball sail over their heads into the top corner? What planet are you on.

If a Wall jumps it A breaks and B leaves a gap underneath them for the ball to go through where as if a wall stands firm and tight its a lot harder for the taker to get the ball over and down again.

Ronaldo scored a free kick this season because the wall jumped and ball went under them. Its simple coaching you don't jump or move you stand still.

I wonder if some posters here ever actually played this game they talk about so much.

Ah yeah, the stop is not allowed, .

It clearly is because he stopped completely a couple of times in each run up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Draw
    YAS! :cool:

Undeserved victory and Arsenal gave us a hell of a match so fair play to them but at this stage of the season, a win is all that matters, 6 points clear with a superior GD should put Chelsea under pressure for tomorrow.

Good old Hargreaves, I've been critical of him this season but that freekick has erased all that for me now :)

If a Wall jumps it A breaks and B leaves a gap underneath them for the ball to go through where as if a wall stands firm and tight its a lot harder for the taker to get the ball over and down again.

Ronaldo scored a free kick this season because the wall jumped and ball went under them. Its simple coaching you don't jump or move you stand still.

I wonder if some posters here ever actually played this game they talk about so much.

And when they dont jump the ball sails over them into the net. You must know more than all the players and pundits both on here and involved in the game.

I've stood in walls for 15 years and have always jumped and been told to do so. It's harder to get the ball over something that's 8 foot than something that's 6 foot. I thought that'd be pretty obvious.

And it's rare that players aim to go under the wall as it usually nicks a stud or sole of a boot,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

It clearly is because he stopped completely a couple of times in each run up.

ye the peno had to be retaken cos there was close to half a dozen players in the box when he hit it, park was near enough ahead of the ball!

great game of football it has to be said, and a great result for utd!

United Win (United Fans)
    Well, I said it before and I'll say it again. Our season didn't end today, it ended when Man U knocked us out of the cup in formidable fashion. The only consolation for me is that Chelsea won't win the premiership now. :(

God I hate football sometimes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Draw
    I cant belive it. That is SO SO big.

I love winning a big game at Old Trafford and watching the interviews, you can hear the players in the dressing room belting out the songs i.e. "VIVA RONALDOOOOOOOOOO"

Loving it.

Must be said, Clichy was AWESOME today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Must be said, Clichy was AWESOME today.

and in the same light amazingly gilberto had a good game! i thaught he was well gone but he was solid today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Draw
    Man Utd the king of top 4 head to heads this season. 4 wins and 1 draw(only for a last min equaliser would of been 5 out of 5)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Jesus me heart has only returned to normal now. Always drama against the Arse.

United Win
    And when they dont jump the ball sails over them into the net. You must know more than all the players and pundits both on here and involved in the game.

If the wall jumps gaps appear in the wall, the majority of times you see a ball go through a wall its because the players have jumped and seperated. By the time the wall jumps the ball will probably have gone over their heads

The wall didn't jump for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Draw
    Wow, what a game!! My heart is taking a pounding.

I would say a game of two halfs, but United had an equal amount of good chances in the first half, it's just that Arsenal passed better. Scholes had a horrible game, and Brown really gave the ball away a lot.

Annoyed at the hand of god, but literally nobody saw it.
    What annoyed me more was that Adabayour should have been sent off for a horrid tackle on Anderson, really annoyed he wasn't sent off for that, extremely dangerous.

United took their chances when they came, praise the lord.

Van Der Saar undisputed MOM. Then by a county mile Clichy was a clear second, amazing performance from him today.

p.s. What did people think of Pique today? I thought he did very well bar one thing when Hleb skinned him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Draw
    Great win and thats all that matters at this stage of the season. Evra and VDS were outstanding today imo. Thought Anderson was great also when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I agree, Clichy is some player. Anyone find it funny that Gray was absolutely nailing Adebayor for missing that shot in the first half, comparing him to Bergkamp and Henry, but when Rooney missed from the Evra pass they literally didnt say one word. :p Funny lot that sky crowd.

Good game though, I prefer curled free kicks so I thought Hargreave's goal was an absolute peach. Ronaldo is a really solid penalty taker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

If the wall jumps gaps appear in the wall, the majority of times you see a ball go through a wall its because the players have jumped and seperated. By the time the wall jumps the ball will probably have gone over their heads

Lads doesnt matter van persie jumped but too late was a good freekick but its done now.

Trizo wrote: »
    Lads doesnt matter van persie jumped but too late was a good freekick but its done now.

Barely. He did little more than go up on his toes.

Seriously, your wrong. It's pretty much the only time I remember seeing a wall not jumping this season. Some make a token jesture, but rarely does the wal stand flat-footed.

Thought Adebayour was poor, he just didnt look comfortabel on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

PHB wrote: »
    p.s. What did people think of Pique today? I thought he did very well bar one thing when Hleb skinned him.

defensively sound although his distribution was poor at times. United should do all they can to hold onto him, he has the potential to be a lot better than Brown at least in terms of CB cover. dunno if he looks like he'd ever claim a starting position though, probably too early to tell. needs a longer run in the team to fully judge him

edit: overall pissed off at the way Arsenal imploded again, but it's not like it wasn't going to happen. United always had that extra gear in them, whether Wengers boys gave everything they could basically in the first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Congratulations on the league title fellas...;)

Advertisement