Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car insurance uk/ireland

Options
  • 11-04-2008 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

why is the cost of insurance more expensive in the uk than it is in ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

I have foud it to be more expensive in Ireland than uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

i thought it was cheaper in the uk, its defo cheaper up the north anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 judy07

def cheaper in ireland for me anyway. for me in ireland its 770 a year, for the exact same car etc in uk it was 930 sterling. cheapest i could find was 540 sterling with a 450 excess.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Up North is more expensive than the rest of the UK too.

It's all to do with claims experience, and the costs associated therewith. Court awards, legal costs, and repairs are all way more expensive in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I'm from the Uk and I find it cheaper there but not by much. Depends though where in the UK you lived:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement