Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multiple files clean up

Options
  • 11-04-2008 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

hi probably a simple solution but i need some advice.
    my lap top is overun with multiple files e.g music files doubled up in different folders. is there any software or tecinique that scans your computer for duplicate files in different folders and deletes the extra ones.
    appreciate your help thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

privacymantry prog, and CCleaner will clean crap,leftover scrap unnedded files,old zip leftover pieces,temp files , i dont know bout duplicate files, you could do search avi, mp3, temp file extension,to check for unnecessary files.go2 ie7 ,internet options,delete temp files,history etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep there is a program to that exactly, I did it a while on a hard drive of mine search noclone 2007 Free Edition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

There's a freeware thing called Doublekiller:

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/File_Cleanup_Utilities/DoubleKiller.html

I've never used it so can't vouch for it but any of the other downloads I got from this site have been fairly good.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

I have used and still use Double killer
    pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I like to use a nice big dildo onmyself. MMMMM it snice.

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement